Kinky1269
Message 1 of 6 (266 Views)

Diagnosing your pc

Computer stuck on diagnosing your PC can't get it to do anything else
Honor Student
Paulppaul
Message 2 of 6 (260 Views)

Re: Diagnosing your pc

Can you provide more info?  Can you restart the pc?  Does it go straight to the diagnosing screen on startup?

Honor Student
Kinky1269
Message 3 of 6 (253 Views)

I can restart the PC. I have a couple times now. When it starts up it goes to a black screen with hp logo on it and under that says diagnosing your PC and the continuous loading circle of dots( best I can describe it lol) have tried ctrl, alt , del and nothing happens also.
Distinguished Professor
jaco1x4
Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)

Hi Kinky1269,

Please provide your PC product number and the factory installed and current (if you have upgraded) operating system. For example Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit upgraded to Win 8 64 bit.

You may have to run an offline diagnostic tool to check memory and the HDD.

Sounds as if you have Win 8 64 bit or 8.1 64 bit. Both operating systems should boot to an advanced recovery screen when they fail to boot two or more times in succession.

Jaco

Errare humanum est.
Student
jeanita
Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)

HP pavilion stuck on diagnosing your PC

Distinguished Professor
jaco1x4
Message 6 of 6 (120 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi jeanita,

Please provide your PC's product number.

Please provide the factory installed and current operating system and tell me if it is a 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Please describe in detail, the steps you took immediately prior to your PC hanging in diagnostic mode. Why did you run diagnostics?

I may missing the boat! Are you looking at a Windows startup diagnostic screen?

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos, Thumbs Up" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" to assist other forum users having a similar problem.

HP Products:
810-150se Desktop
17t-j000 Notebook
H8 1380t CTO Desktop
560z Desktop

Errare humanum est.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation