Kinky1269
Message 1 of 6 (209 Views)

Diagnosing your pc

Computer stuck on diagnosing your PC can't get it to do anything else
Honor Student
Paulppaul
Message 2 of 6 (203 Views)

Re: Diagnosing your pc

Can you provide more info?  Can you restart the pc?  Does it go straight to the diagnosing screen on startup?

Honor Student
Kinky1269
Message 3 of 6 (196 Views)

I can restart the PC. I have a couple times now. When it starts up it goes to a black screen with hp logo on it and under that says diagnosing your PC and the continuous loading circle of dots( best I can describe it lol) have tried ctrl, alt , del and nothing happens also.
Professor
jaco1x4
Message 4 of 6 (186 Views)

Hi Kinky1269,

Please provide your PC product number and the factory installed and current (if you have upgraded) operating system. For example Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit upgraded to Win 8 64 bit.

You may have to run an offline diagnostic tool to check memory and the HDD.

Sounds as if you have Win 8 64 bit or 8.1 64 bit. Both operating systems should boot to an advanced recovery screen when they fail to boot two or more times in succession.

Jaco

Student
jeanita
Message 5 of 6 (84 Views)

HP pavilion stuck on diagnosing your PC

Professor
jaco1x4
Message 6 of 6 (63 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi jeanita,

Please provide your PC's product number.

Please provide the factory installed and current operating system and tell me if it is a 32 bit or 64 bit version.

Please describe in detail, the steps you took immediately prior to your PC hanging in diagnostic mode. Why did you run diagnostics?

I may missing the boat! Are you looking at a Windows startup diagnostic screen?

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos, Thumbs Up" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" to assist other forum users having a similar problem.

HP Products:
810-150se Desktop
17t-j000 Notebook
H8 1380t CTO Desktop
560z Desktop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation