Question

Honor Student
surefiredup
Message 1 of 6 (2,054 Views)

Diagnostics error

Whenever I try to run any diagnostic tests I recieve an error message that reads.....Exception in DisplayRunMap.runMap

I own A HP  Media Center PC M380n.  This problem has been going on for a long time so I cant figure out what the problem might be to figure out how to repair it. My system is Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Any help in solving this ongoing problem would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Lisa

Grad Student
ErnyWhite
Message 2 of 6 (2,033 Views)

Re: Diagnostics error

Try updating your microsoft .net frameworks, while you are at MS see if your system is up to date on the other updates also
Kudos appreciated if question answered or solution provided
Honor Student
surefiredup
Message 3 of 6 (2,015 Views)

Hey thanks so much for your reply.  How do I know which one to update to. I'm clueless about this one. Like I see Microsoft,net frameworks 3.0, 3.5, 2.0.  I want to make sure to do the right thing.

Is there a way to tell if Im updated?

Thanks again,

Lisa

Teacher
blew888
Message 4 of 6 (1,996 Views)

Add and remove programs should show if you .net 1.0, 2.0, ..  The most recent .net Framework 3.5 should contain 2.0 and 1.0, but some times apps do require them to be installed.

Honor Student
surefiredup
Message 5 of 6 (1,971 Views)

Thanks again for your help. I have made sre everything is up to date and still I get the same error. After I hit ok when it says exception in DisplayRunMap.runmap, it flashes a blue line like it was prepared to diagnose a problem but it never does. Do you think I may have to restore my whole system??  I'm mhoping not!

I'll be waiting to hear if anyone else has experienced and found a way to correct this problem.

U all have a good day!

Lisa

Grad Student
ErnyWhite
Message 6 of 6 (1,964 Views)

This seems to be a hard one, try going to this link and downloading the PC doctor for hp media center--you should already have this, if you do remove it form your computer first (add/remove programs in control panel). Maybe there is a corrupt line of software in the original program. Is there something wrong with your system that you are running the diag. in the first place?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-25052-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

You can also look thru the software hp has for your computer and the updates, one of them might fix your problem even though none of them address this message directly.

Kudos appreciated if question answered or solution provided
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation