Question

Tutor
cway
Message 1 of 3 (4,553 Views)

Error Code: BIOHD-2

Hello,

I am helping a friend fix an error message received at bootup - Error: "Disk boot failure, enter system disk and press enter". Pressing F9: Diagnostics - results in All tests Passing except the Boot Path: Error Code - BIOHD-2  Warning: No drives detected.

System:

HP Pavilion Slimline Mod. s3307c - Prod. # GZ727AA-ABA

Windows Vista Home Premium

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 - 320 GB HDD - P/N 9BJ13G-622

I have also:

-Checked to make sure there are no disks in the Atapi DVD Drive

-Tried a different SATA cable - and double checked that all cables are connected correctly.

-Called 800-HP-INVENT - they confirmed that it was no longer In-Warranty and directed me to their website - hp.com/go/support - got frustrated there then came across this HP Support Forum.

The Boot Menu option does not even list a HDD - it only lists the DVD drive.

F11: System Recovery - goes back to the same Disk boot failure...screen

The pc was purchased in 2008.

How the heck does the avg. person know how to fix this??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 3 (4,531 Views)

Re: Error Code: BIOHD-2

BIOHD-2 refelcts the fact that the hard drive is not detected in the BIOS. Disconnect the drive and remove it from the PC... Plug the sata cable into a different port on the motherboard. Try a different power connector coming from the power supply (or swap with the DVD drive).

If nothing, the drive might be dead - try installing it inother PC that has extra sata ports on the mobo - just to see if it shows up in the BIOS.

If it's dead and still in warranty - call HP and give them the error code. If not in warranty, install another drive and use recovery discs to put the software back.

I hope you backed up your software.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Honor Student
senevi77
Message 3 of 3 (3,548 Views)

Re: Error Code: BIOHD-2

Hi ,  I greatly appreciated   for your info and  i will try that  and   I am new to the Hp forum. Again thank you very much...senevi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation