Re: Error Code BIOHD-8 (30803 Views)
Top Student
harlequin
Message 1 of 12 (31,740 Views)
Accepted Solution

Error Code BIOHD-8

[ Edited ]

I thought this code meant a corrupted registry? And Code 7 was failing hard drive.

I hav just done a system restore factory settings after I got BIOHD-8. What does this code actually mean please.

OS NameMicrosoft® Windows Vista™ Home PremiumVersion6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001Other OS Description Not AvailableOS ManufacturerMicrosoft CorporationSystem NameR2D2System ManufacturerHP-PavilionSystem ModelKT490AA-ABG s3580aSystem TypeX86-based PCProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E4700  @ 2.60GHz, 2600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/DatePhoenix Technologies, LTD 5.13, 21/05/2008SMBIOS Version2.5Windows DirectoryC:\WindowsSystem DirectoryC:\Windows\system32Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume1LocaleHardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.0.6001.18000"U Physical Memory (RAM)2.00 GBTotal Physical Memory2.00 GBAvailable Physical Memory0.99 GBTotal Virtual Memory4.23 GBAvailable Virtual Memory3.04 GBPage File Space2.29 GBPage FileC:\pagefile.sys

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 12 (31,722 Views)

Re: Error Code BIOHD-8

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

harlequin wrote:

I thought this code meant a corrupted registry? And Code 7 was failing hard drive.

I hav just done a system restore factory settings after I got BIOHD-8. What does this code actually mean please.

It means that your hard disk is failing. Backup your data ASAP. Find your recovery disc set and install media for all of the programs that you have installed. 

Is your PC still in warranty? (standard warranty is one year)

Kind regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
harlequin
Message 3 of 12 (31,721 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately I did a system restore factory settings and thought I clicked "backup". I had my external hard drive plugged in to save data..  I have lost all personal files. No need to back up ...:smileysad:

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 12 (31,717 Views)

Sorry to hear that.

regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
harlequin
Message 5 of 12 (31,706 Views)

I wrote this issue on another site:- MS site. I got this answer ...

First, please note that what you did was *not* a System Restore. System Restore is a *Windows* function that restores Windows, and has nothing to do with your files.

What you did was the system recovery provided by your computer's manufacturer. That formats the hard drive and renstalls Windows on it. You probably can not get your files back.

Awwww .... I remember getting a window prompt where I had to input my name, address etc...

Then I had the option to name my computer etc ....

So yes, the moral of the story is to buy pencil and paper and write everything down and draw your own games etc...

Top Student
Dondi1969
Message 6 of 12 (31,433 Views)

IT MEANS HP HAS BEEN LYING TO YOU...IT IS NOT A HARD DRIVE ERROR....GOOGLE IT...IT IS A MOTHERBOARD FAILURE...IT IS A MANUFACTURED DEFAULT ERROR....IT WILL MAKE YOUR COMPUTER ACT LIKE THERE IS A VIRUS....O WAIT...THEY DONT TELL U ITS A MOTHERBOARD DEFECT!!!! ITS BACK YOUR **bleep** UP..RESTORE RESTORE!!! I GOT A NEW  HARD DRIVE YESTERDAY INSTALLED ABOUT 8 PM...WOKE UP THIS MORNING WITH THE BIOHD-8 ERROR....ITS THE MOTHERBOARD...GL GETTING IT FIXED!!! OH AND BACK YOUR STUFF UP CUZ YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO RESTORE EVERYOTHER DAY..DONT DOWNLOAD OR ADD ANYTHING PERSONAL!!!

Honor Student
mkhy58
Message 7 of 12 (30,906 Views)

I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s3621uk Desktop PC which gave the dreaded Error Code BIOHD-8 when running the (F9) Diagnostic check on boot up. The WDC hard disk check from the Western Digital website gave no errors on the quick or extended tests on my WD3200AAJS-65M0A0 hard drive. I then discovered a Hardware Diagnostic Tool Update on one of the HP websites.....see-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-68106-1&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&...

After running the sp41019.exe file and reboot to (F9)Diagnostics, all green passes with no errors now!

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem - it doesn't appear to be a hard drive fault, so don't waste your money buying a replacement!
Top Student
Dondi1969
Message 8 of 12 (30,803 Views)

Spoiler

it worked for me too...before you posted this...ty for doing so... 

Intern
bedfordvirginia
Message 9 of 12 (26,965 Views)

System 210y about 18 mo old. I have my recovery discs but don't know how to install it all. My blue ray DVD doesn't read so I have an HP external writer. Should I reset the bios on the boot order? I need detailed instructions, when I put disc 1 in it says files loading then I get a windows blue screen w/my mouse and nothing else. I think the bios is set at CD Rom 1st, HDD 2nd, and the writer I may have put in first place and nothing changed. I don't know if it's reading.

Intern
bedfordvirginia
Message 10 of 12 (26,964 Views)

I am amazed 210y $900 machine is failing after a year. My blu ray makes clicking noises. Support on the phone said I should replace it with anothe blu ray drive, well I will run out and get one now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation