Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

System Recovery won't work.  Backed up all files.  Then hit the option to retrun the machine to the original factory settings (start from scratch) but got error 0xe0ef0003.  Of course this is after it reformatted the drive so now it wont boot up at all (no safe mode etc)

Have a DVD that I labeled System Restore disc which, when it boots off it, at least gets the machine up but it wants me to choose a recovery tool.  

Startup Repair fails (on the reboot it says cant find boot mgr).

System Restore or Image Recovery - says there are no system images.

Recovery Manager- no options available.

Anyone know how to get it to reinstall Windows 7

I really hate that they dont send disks....this idea  that the hard dirve has the reinstal is simply bad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is a workaround if you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC...

Since you have provided no information regarding the full model number of your PC and what version of W7 the product key is good for, I will assume W7 64 Home Premium 64 bit since that is usually the case.

Here is the link to the W7 x64 Home Premium SP1 ISO file.

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.​iso 2147483647 X17-58997.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English

After you download the above file, you can use this tool to transfer it to a 4 GB USB flash drive or DVD.

The tool will also make the media bootable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-us​b-dvd-download-tool

Use the 25 character product key to activate the installation.

Then go to your PC's support page to install the drivers you need.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is a workaround if you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC...

Since you have provided no information regarding the full model number of your PC and what version of W7 the product key is good for, I will assume W7 64 Home Premium 64 bit since that is usually the case.

Here is the link to the W7 x64 Home Premium SP1 ISO file.

http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.​iso 2147483647 X17-58997.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English

After you download the above file, you can use this tool to transfer it to a 4 GB USB flash drive or DVD.

The tool will also make the media bootable.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-us​b-dvd-download-tool

Use the 25 character product key to activate the installation.

Then go to your PC's support page to install the drivers you need.

HP Recommended

Pavillion p6510f   Windows 7 Home Premium

Where do I find the 25 character key? I dont see a label on the computer (unless they stick it on the bottom)

HP Recommended

never mind...found the tag on the side.....will try what you suggest

HP Recommended

There should be a product key that looks something like this on a non-removable part of the case.

It could be on top, on one of the sides or on the back of the PC.

It could be on the bottom, but I have never heard of that on a desktop PC--just on laptops.

HP Recommended

will try downloading again...but when i run the USB installer it says the iso file is not a valid one........

HP Recommended

Make sure you get all 3.xx GB of the file to download.

You can also burn the ISO file to a DVD using your DVD burning program if your DVD burning program has a burn ISO option.

HP Recommended

Ah, you are right....the last time only got 2.1 of it.  Re-donwloading now...hopefully it gets it all this time

Really appreciate your help btw

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sometimes that happens, and I don't know why.

HP Recommended

Grrrrrrrr

Says " Files copied successfully bt unable to make the USB device bootable"

Going to try whole process .... on diff (newer) machine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.