Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

If you don't have a DVD burning program that can burn an ISO file to a DVD to make it bootable, then use this free program that I use.

http://cdburnerxp.se/index.php

After you install and run it, there will be a Burn ISO file option.

Select that option and burn the file to a DVD using the slowest possible burn speed you can (there is an option to select the burn speed when you select the iso file to burn).

HP Recommended

Created bootable USB successfully.

Put USB into the computer and restarted....says Bootmgr is missing (guessing it is not looking to the USB drive)

HP Recommended

Yes, it is probably not.

Reboot the PC and tap the F9 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the one time boot options menu.

Select the USB drive from the list of bootable devices and hit the enter key.

HP Recommended

goes to diagnostic tools.....burning a DVD now.

HP Recommended

No boot options menu?

That is odd.

Maybe that model can't boot from a USB flash drive.

You may have to go into the BIOS and select the DVD drive as the first device to boot from.

HP Recommended

Progress!!!!  

Asking where I want to install Windows.

Choices are aseveral... but I think the two key ones are:

Disk 0 Partition 1      100 MB  Free 86 MB    System

Disk 0 Partition 2   97 GB  97 GB free   Primary

Thinking "system" sounds right...but not sure

HP Recommended

seems to default to the Primary one btw

HP Recommended

Went with Primary...saw that the 'recovery' was labeled that way too....hope that was right

HP Recommended

Yes, you wanted the one with the largest size.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue I have a Stream-13 c110nr, would the links you provided also help with mine? I'm not sure if I should just buyt the system recovery kit HP has. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.