Question

Honor Student
lloyd56
Message 1 of 7 (3,019 Views)

Forgot administrator password for windows 8.1 on hp pavillion hpe

When I improved windows 8 to 8.1, I recorded the administrator  password; however, it doesn't work. 

Today I purchased and downloaded "Windows Password Recovery Standard from SWREG.  It doesn't help because an administrator password is required to run it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 7 (2,973 Views)

Re: Forgot administrator password for windows 8.1 on hp pavillion hpe

Hi lloyd56, sorry to hear that you are having issues with logging into your computer. I have found a great step by step video that will explain in detail on how to reset your password. The site that I am sending you is NOT supported by HP in anyway.        http://www.password-reset.com/?gclid=CJSXm4fH5LoCFc9i7AodVnAAsg   

If this does not resolve the issue, please feel free to write back for more instructions.

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Langer
Message 3 of 7 (2,875 Views)

A few days ago, I also forgot my admin password for Windows 8.1 laptop login. So I was locked out of Win 8.1 computer for several days. During that period, I was still looking for ways to reset Windows 8.1 admin password all the time. Even though there are several ways provided on Internet. But what I was worried about is that they probably would do harm to my laptop. So I couldn’t take my laptop into risk. Until I found Windows Password Genius, I realized I should try to use it to remove Windows 8.1 forgotten administrator password, because I didn’t have to worry about that anything on computer would be damaged or lost if I used it.

This video would make it easier to learn how to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VAty_V8RFE&feature=youtu.be

Student
Irista
Message 4 of 7 (2,765 Views)

I also forgot my Windows 8.1 admin password, then at last I used a tool called SmartKey Windows Password Recovery and it helped me a lot. I followed this youtube video to recover Windows 8.1 password - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PBDEgJb6OE

Student
markpimperton
Message 5 of 7 (2,646 Views)

Here is a very useful tutorial on youtube, just watch it as I don't want to write it all out. I was in the same position once and this is how I did it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbnDOSHJDNA

Top Student
danysym
Message 6 of 7 (2,407 Views)

i reset Acer password with a recovery program.
Step 1: Download and install, run the program on another computer.
Step 2: Burn a bootable CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive with the program.
Step 3: Reset Windows password by the burned CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive.

More details: How to reset windows 8.1 pasword.

Student
AlexWilliam
Message 7 of 7 (1,351 Views)

Hey, friends! Don't worry.  If you are the only adminstrator of the computer, you can also reset the forgotten password with a password reset disk. The password reset disk can be created with a blank CD/DVD/USB flash drive. Please follow the instructions below to reset your password on Windows 8.1:

• Download and install Windows Password Key in another accessible PC.
  • Burn a reset disk with Windows Password Key.
  • Reset your password with the created disk above.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation