Question

Honor Student
sweetcaz
Message 1 of 4 (347 Views)

Full Recovery of Compaq Evo D510 CMT

[ Edited ]

I was given this computer. it's a compaq Evo D510CMT, running Windows XP Home edition, s/n {Private Information Removed}. I need to do a full recovery to get rid of unnecessary files that I don't have disc to remove them with. I have a Compaq Restore Plus disc but when I put it in to run it, the only thing it does is show what is on the disc. That is all I have. Is there a way to make this disc run, or is there a way to do a full recovery without the disc(s)? If not, where would I be able to get what I need to do the restore? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sweetcaz

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

Re: Full Recovery of Compaq Evo D510 CMT

Hi:

The restore plus kit contains 2 CD's. The one you have and then there is a second disk with the operating system on it.

These are no longer available from HP. I guess you can call and ask to confirm though at 1-800-334-5144 in the USA/Canada.

You will need to provide the serial number as well as the model number and the version of the operating system you need the disks for (XP Home).

If HP does in fact no longer have a set, you can still get them from this vendor at the link below:

http://www.computersurgeons.com/productdetails.aspx?ID=12499

Honor Student
sweetcaz
Message 3 of 4 (332 Views)

Thank you so much. I will definitely check into it.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation