Question

Honor Student
carmelascm
Message 1 of 8 (19,435 Views)

GPBaseService2 Pop Up

I keep receiving a popup stating GPBaseService2 trying to install and wants me to insert a disc.  I can't get rid of it!  I have to hit cancel at least 20 times and then it stops for about 10 minutes and comes back.  I researched it and all I can came up with is it has something to do with HP.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 8 (19,429 Views)

Re: GPBaseService2 Pop Up

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you really want to find out what it is, download and run ProcessExplorer by Microsoft Technet. ONce you find out what it really is you can choose to kill the process with a simple click of your mouse. Take a look and see if there is an installer program busy in the background insistent on installing a program.

Please post your results here.

regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
carmelascm
Message 3 of 8 (19,395 Views)

Thanks.for your quick reply........I downloaded Process Explorer as suggested.  I'm not exactly computer literate when it comes to the "insides" of  computer software, but I did find a program named:  HPQBAM08 - HP cue alert popup window.  Could that be it?  There is nothing in the background trying to install that I can see.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 8 (19,389 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Have you recently installed an HP all-in-one printer?

There is no security risk associated with that dll.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
carmelascm
Message 5 of 8 (19,377 Views)

Yes, but about six months ago.  This started happening about three days ago and I haven't installed anything new.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 8 (19,371 Views)

erico wrote:

Hi,

Have you recently installed an HP all-in-one printer?

There is no security risk associated with that dll.

Uninstall the printer software completely and restart your PC. Then install it again. The error should go away once the install completes.

Honor Student
carmelascm
Message 7 of 8 (19,335 Views)

IT WORKED !!!  Thanks sooooo much for your help!  REALLY appreciated.

Student
peewee9t
Message 8 of 8 (14,697 Views)

How to get ready of this GPBaseService2 Pop Up?  I Have downloaded the Process Explorer.

Charles

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation