Question

Student
DonToler
Message 1 of 16 (409 Views)

Google Chrome

I did a system recovery to original on my desktop and downloaded Google Chrome aas my operating system.  I used the disk that came with my printer and I can't get it to print.   Question;  Will my HP printer work with Google Chrome? and any other help is appreciated

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 2 of 16 (403 Views)

Re: Google Chrome

[ Edited ]
Deleted by author.
Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 16 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]

You say that you did a System Recovery to original, what OS is that,XP,Vista,Win 7? The reference to Google Chrome as your operating system_do you mean you actually installed Chrome OS...or the internet browser  to replace Internet Explorer?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 16 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]

CherylG is absolutely correct. Google Chrome is not an operating system. It is a web browser. Chrome OS is an operating system.  With that stated, which operating system was  installed in your notebook as delivered?

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 5 of 16 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]

Deleted by author.

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 16 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]

Google Chrome web browser:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome

Google Chrome operating system,commonly called Chrome OS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_OS

We just need clarification from the original poster as to which he has. Does the printer work from programs in Windows (if you have Windows) and only fails in Chrome web browser? Or_are you actually running Chrome OS and the printer does not work at all?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 7 of 16 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]

Deleted by author.

Provost
erico
Message 8 of 16 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]

Pepe999,

When using the Google Chrome browser check out the about Chrome. The following is what appears when you do.  Since you seem to be using an alternate information source, just try asking Google Chrome what it is.

chrome.JPG

CherylG knows what she is talking about. Help us get back on track and help the original poster instead of playing the symantics game. It is a bit counterproductive at this point..

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 9 of 16 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]

Deleted by author.

Provost
erico
Message 10 of 16 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]

DonToler wrote:

I did a system recovery to original on my desktop and downloaded Google Chrome aas my operating system.  I used the disk that came with my printer and I can't get it to print.   Question;  Will my HP printer work with Google Chrome? and any other help is appreciated

If your printer happens to be a newer HP ePrint enabled printer, then you might consider using Google Cloud printing. Here is a link on how to set up the printer.

For  Chromium OS I suggest that you switch to the GNOME GUI and set up your printer.

Best regards,

erico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation