How to restore windows recovery?
series:smileymad: HP 2342dx

Associate Professor
jaco1x4
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: [HELP] recovery deleted

[ Edited ]

Hi Azmi,

Did you create HP recovery discs? Can you boot to your operating system? Win 8 or Win 8.1 has the ability to reset or refresh your PC independent of HP's recovery drive (D:\). You can also create custom refresh images using Win 8 or Win 8.1. Having other Windows recovery options depends on what partition you accidentally removed.

Your products support site has the HP recovery kit listed but appears to be not available. You could try ordering there. If that fails you should contact HP as Computer Surgeons is not offering a recovery kit for this PC either. HP support may be able to provide a recovery kit for your PC.

There are other recovery options available from Microsoft. You really need an HP recovery disc set but if your PC is bootable you can also create a Win 8 or 8.1 USB Recovery Drive. Please see Win 8.1 instructions here. The instructions also apply to Win 8.

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" if your problem has been solved.

Envy Phoenix 810-150se, Intel i7 4820k
16 GB DDR3
Pittsburgh2 Mainboard, NVIDIA GTX 645- 2GB GDDR5. Win 8.1 Pro.

HP 560z CTO AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
16 GB DDR3.
Radeon HD 6570
Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Win 7 Pro.

HP ENVY 17t-j000 CTO Quad Edition Notebook. I7 4702mq
12 GB DDR3
Nvidia Graphics
Win 8 Pro

Honor Student
Azmi_van_hokky
Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)

Re: [HELP] recovery deleted

recovery partition I accidentally delete .. if can not restore?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation