HOW TO FORCE AN HP PAVILION 7865 TO BOOT FROM CD. (5645 Views)
Student
continflus
Message 1 of 3 (5,645 Views)

HOW TO FORCE AN HP PAVILION 7865 TO BOOT FROM CD.

I have a HP Pavilion 7865 running windows xp home edition..At bootup I keep getting the following msg: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Isass.exe" terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819.  The system will now shut down and restart."    It will continue on this loop and will not allow me enough time to activate windows XP as it asks me to do.  I can not reboot from CD.  When I get into the safe mode screen  I can not select any of the other options.  How can I get this beast to reboot from the CD.  At start up I've tried the "F8", "F10", the "F11" and even the "del" key in an attempt to change bios. 

I have met defeat all the way!!!!!!!!!!! HELP: :manmad:

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (5,603 Views)

Re: HOW TO FORCE AN HP PAVILION 7865 TO BOOT FROM CD.

Hi:

Normally you can tap the F9 key at the HP welcome screen to get a one time boot options menu. Select the DVD drive when you are presented with the list of boot devices.

Paul

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (5,592 Views)

Re: HOW TO FORCE AN HP PAVILION 7865 TO BOOT FROM CD.

On the 7865  it is F1 to enter BIOS. F10 should boot into Recovery partition to reinstall, if you have the original software from HP.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation