Question
HP 2050A doesn't print (only the test page), but scanning is OK
Replies (28)

Tutor
Camillus
Message 21 of 29 (164 Views)

Re: HP 2050A doesn't print (only the test page), but scanning is OK

And I also probably have older version of Word than you - I have Word 2003. So I see another Window, where there is no "Add Printer" option.Print from Word.jpg

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 22 of 29 (156 Views)

Hi Ok Thank you for the screen shots! every thing seems to look right. The only thing I can think of capability. Right click on the printer icon. Then click priorities.

Dokie! Maybe the printer is not capable with vista???Capture48.JPG

Teacher
dave860
Message 23 of 29 (146 Views)

Hi I just read your post, is this an old printer you just installed or is it new? Did you use the CD that came with the printer?

I checked HP driver site and it lists windows vista drivers. I tend to suggest when you purchase a device like a printer download the more up to date software and drivers. if you have virus protection disable it before you install drivers and software for a printer, the virus protection can interfere with the install because it is accessing the systems folders.

I do not know if you have a 32bit system or a 64bit system. you can check by clicking start menu...look for computer right click on computer select properties. on this screen is the info you need. link is here

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=4027469

My suggestion is uninstall the printer software and than reinstall it, if you did not download the new update.
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 24 of 29 (138 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dave! Thanks for helping! You are always welcome on any issue that I'm helping on. Good information, but please read the whole thread. I think we have already tried those things. HP printer has a great repair tool which is supposed to check for up date drivers. Here's the link. http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02073861The OP has already tried this. Here is a quote from there first post.

"I've just bought and installed HP 2050A - scanning is OK, but it doesn't print. Only the test page was OK, but when I'm trying to print anything from Word or Adobe Reader, nothing happens, there's no reaction or message. When I open the printing list, the documment appears with "error - printing" note.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, reconecting printer, of course restarting computer, and turning off and on printing buffer."

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 25 of 29 (130 Views)

Hey Dave! If the HP doctor can't fix the HP printer. I'm not sure it's fixable.

Like to hear your comments. I'm always ready to learn new things, Seriously you are always welcome on my threads.

Dokie!:smileywink:

Capture48.JPGCapture49.JPG

Teacher
dave860
Message 26 of 29 (116 Views)

I noticed something all the screen shots are the product selected is not the 2050A it is HP Photosmart 7510 that the scan doctor is testing.

It states networked on the doctor screen shot,  and the A2050 is not a network printer. Reinstalling drivers from where website or the CD no where does he say he downloaded new drivers. :smileyhappy: 

The A2050 models have had hardware issues in the passed. If he cannot get it to printer to work I suggest exchange it for a replacement.  That said has he tried to resit the printer cartridges doctor will not find that. I own a HP6510 the also same model as the HP7510 and I love it.  Last has he setup the printer though MS word like printer settings make sure it have it as a default printer same with Adobe Reader.  the doctor scan the system for software issues only etc :smileywink:

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 27 of 29 (112 Views)

HYi Those are my screen shots, not the OP's !!

Dokie!

Teacher
dave860
Message 28 of 29 (98 Views)

Yep ok gotta I did did not see that. I need to post only when I am awake.
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 29 of 29 (96 Views)

dave860 wrote:
Yep ok gotta I did did not see that. I need to post only when I am awake.

No problem! We all have those days; I have my share. Thanks for helping on the forum.

Dokie!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation