Question

Tutor
Camillus
Message 1 of 29 (324 Views)

HP 2050A doesn't print (only the test page), but scanning is OK

Hi,

I've just bought and installed HP 2050A - scanning is OK, but it doesn't print. Only the test page was OK, but when I'm trying to print anything from Word or Adobe Reader, nothing happens, there's no reaction or message. When I open the printing list, the documment appears with "error - printing" note.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, reconecting printer, of course restarting computer, and turning off and on printing buffer.

Perhaps some not-really-uninstalled drivers from some printer I had before could be the problem? I have no information of my former printers in Control Panel, but when I was trying HP Print and Scan Doctor, at the beginning it wanted me to choose printer between "hp 2050A" and "hp psc 1200" which I had long ago...

Could you give me any advice? Thanks

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 2 of 29 (297 Views)

Re: HP 2050A doesn't print (only the test page), but scanning is OK

Hi! This is what I would try. It seems you have two different printers showing up. I would click on Start-find your HP printer- uninstall it- click on Devices and Printers- make sure the printers have been uninstalled and then use your CD to install your new printer. Hope this helps! Dokie!
Tutor
Camillus
Message 3 of 29 (284 Views)

Thanks, but I have already done it - when I'm trying to find my previous printer by Start/find, it doesn't find anything. There is nothing about my previous printer in Control Panel/Programs and functions nor in Printers. However, I have found some entries in the Register with a phrase "HP psc 1200", and I deleted them manually (hope I have not spoiled anything...). Now HP Print and Scan Doctor doesn't find this "HP psc 1200", it only finds my new HP 2050A - but it still doesn't work. Ah, probably I did non mention that I have Windows Vista. I have checked the printer on another computer - everything is OK.
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 4 of 29 (279 Views)

Hi! The forum is messed up and I can't send you any screen shots, which would probably make this a lot easier. You need to be very careful when deleting items in the registry . You might try this. Also he printer might not be compatible with Visa. https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=402...
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 5 of 29 (271 Views)

Hi What do you show when you click on Devises and Printers in the control panel? Dokie!!
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 6 of 29 (268 Views)

Hi! I had never used the HP Print and Scan Doctor. That's a very nice tool. I just ran it on my HP 7510 and it worked great. Do you ever see the option to add a printer??When you try to print from note pad, do you see your printer listed? Dokie!!
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 7 of 29 (265 Views)

Hi! Sense They have not fixed the problem on the forum, I can not edit or attach screen shots to your thread. So I'm just adding new replies and hope some thing helps. What do you show in devise manager -Imaging Devices. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm
Tutor
Camillus
Message 8 of 29 (238 Views)

Hi, thanks for the answers. 1) NotePad - it is the same with NotePad than with Word or Adobe Reader. When I press "print" and select the printer (HP 2050A), nothing happens. 2) Hardware requirements are OK. 3) In my Control Panel, there's no such thing as "Devices and Printers" - it is probably something from the newer version of Windows. In my Control Panel there are (among others): - "Printers" (where I have my Printer only, besides one "virtual printer" which I use to make PDF files) - "Programs and functions" (my Windows is in Polish, but I hope that in English it sounds like this), where there are listed all installed programs - and there is my HP 2050A, and no other printer. - "System" - and inside there is "Device Manager", where there is also my printer (here is written "HP DeskJet 2050 J510 series (USB)").
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 9 of 29 (234 Views)

Hi Hp has not fixed the features that would allow me to attach screen shots, which is making this much more difficult than necessary. Please start a new subject. I will watch for it. Maybe it will allow be to attach screen shots after re posting your issue. Dokie!
Tutor
Camillus
Message 10 of 29 (260 Views)

OK I have started a new subject, hope now will be better.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation