Question

Student
steharris
Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

HP 700-210 Downgrade to WIndows 7

I downgraded my Win8.1 to Win 7-64 bit.  HP "says" they have the drivers listed, but everytime I try to update my drivers so they are compatable with windows 7, I get an error.  Where are the drivers that are compatable with this machine?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (89 Views)

Re: HP 700-210 Downgrade to WIndows 7

Hi,

All drivers for Windows 7 64bit are on the following link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=6529692

Which one do you have pronlem with ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
steharris782330
Message 3 of 3 (59 Views)

Re: HP 700-210 Downgrade to WIndows 7

I wish that answer was correct. The problem is HP released two versions of this box. One with AMD hardware and one with Intel. Even though their support page states you can download win7 drivers, you cant use those drivers for a native install and only one of those drivers was usable. I fought with the technicain because i told him it was crazy for HP to force users to use use a version of windows without providing the drivers for an OS they claim to have support on their site, especially since they use very similar hardware for their different machines.

My workaround end up being downloading the drivers from one of their HP Pavillian machines.  HP could have given me this information instead of the runaround about voiding warrinty support for downgrading to a previous version of Windows that they clearly show support.  This whole situation has just caused me to continue to build my own machines and forget about ever buying a canned box.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation