Question

Tutor
MatthewGardner
Message 1 of 42 (66,404 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools

[ Edited ]

I am just about to run my Win7 upgrade installation...  the upgrade advisor is telling me that HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools needs an update...  should I uninstall this before continuing with the installation?  If so, where would I re-dowload/re-install it from?  If not, how do I get the update so that I may proceed with the upgrade?

Also, i am wondering what else I can uninstall that is not necessary?  How about HP Advisor?  HP Customer Experience Enhancements? HP Update?  HP Easy Setup - Frontend?  HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator?  HP Photosmart Esential 2.01? and finally  ANIWZCS2 Service? 

Can I go ahead and uninstall all of this?

Message Edited by MatthewGardner on 12-01-2009 07:26 AM
Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 42 (66,394 Views)

Re: HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools

Hardware Diagnostic Tools compatible with Windows 7 is available as download from the following weblink:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30213/pv-75045-2/sp44357.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 3 of 42 (66,393 Views)

Hi MatthewGardner,

What model of PC do you have? You will probably get updates from your product support page or from HP Software update.

Here is an FAQ on upgrading HP Desktops to Win 7: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01778879&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Tutor
MatthewGardner
Message 4 of 42 (66,427 Views)

Also, i am wondering what else I can uninstall that is not necessary?  How about HP Advisor?  HP Customer Experience Enhancements? HP Update?  HP Easy Setup - Frontend?  HP On-Screen Cap/Num/Scroll Lock Indicator?  HP Photosmart Esential 2.01? and finally  ANIWZCS2 Service? 

Can I go ahead and uninstall all of this?

Tutor
MatthewGardner
Message 5 of 42 (66,427 Views)

m8200n
Dean
Vidya
Message 6 of 42 (66,424 Views)

All those which you have mentioned can be uninstalled if not compatible with Windows 7. Out of these which ever are needed can be installed (compatible) after successfully upgrading to Windows 7.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Tutor
MatthewGardner
Message 7 of 42 (66,419 Views)

Perfect!  I will uninstall all unnecessary software to make my upgrade go as smooth as possible. 

I checked out the link you supplied and now I am thinking oh my god what have i gotten myself involved in....   really?  BIOS Update!?!?  Sounds like some major surgery!??

Dean
Vidya
Message 8 of 42 (66,416 Views)

BIOS update is now done from Windows. It is easy but you need to do it carefully.

Here is the link to the BIOS update of your model:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-63120-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Tutor
MatthewGardner
Message 9 of 42 (66,410 Views)

So let me get this straight...  I do the bios update in Vista...  once i reboot and everything is working, then and only then is when I start the Windows 7 upgrade!?!?  Or is it the opposite of that? 
Dean
Vidya
Message 10 of 42 (66,411 Views)

Yes...you got it correct. You need to install the BIOS update in Vista. Restart and once every thing is normal, go ahead for Windows 7.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation