HP Health Check stops working (12572 Views)
Honor Student
glecyczj
Message 1 of 7 (12,572 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Health Check stops working

I've noticed lately that everytime I open my laptop it woul flash a message saying "HP Health Check System stopped working" and that something caused to stop it. So i tried clicking the HP Health Check from the Programs, and it would do the same thing without even launching Health Check. What can i do??

Also, there's a CEEmet or something like that that stops working as well, showing the same message as that of HP Health check. I have no idea what it is, but i know it's something important.

Help please? I'm so worried.

Grad Student
Santo21
Message 2 of 7 (12,538 Views)

Re: HP Health Check stops working

First you don't have to worry about the error message. Just because it says it is not working doesn't mean that your computer is going to fail. There is no software that is without any issue be ready to face it and make sure that you have done your backups at regular interval.

Now to the solution:

Check if your computer have "Health check" installed in "Programs and features" in control panel. If you find it there remove it and then download the HP Health Check Download and install it. If you dont find it in "Programs and features" just download the file and install it.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Honor Student
glecyczj
Message 3 of 7 (12,520 Views)

Thank you so much! =) It helped a lot =)

I have another question tho, do you know what "CEEment" is?

I'm also getting the same message "CEEment stopped working...blah blah"

i tried looking for it on the net, but i cant seem to find it or what its for.

Thanks again, Have a nice day! =)

Honor Student
glecyczj
Message 4 of 7 (12,515 Views)

its showing HP Active Support Librar Installer has stopped working

It wont complete the installation. =(

Grad Student
Santo21
Message 5 of 7 (12,507 Views)

Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features or Add remove programs > select  Customer Experience Enhancement and uninstall it.

Then go to C:\Program Fils(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\SDP and rename any folder there but do not delete them. If you have any folder called ABC then rename it as ABC.old

If all the above steps fails then try a System Restore to a Previous date

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Honor Student
glecyczj
Message 6 of 7 (12,502 Views)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Hewlett-Packard\SDP

is this the correct path? it's not recognized by the laptop.

Thanks for always responding =)

Grad Student
Santo21
Message 7 of 7 (12,490 Views)

In the C drive you should have a "Program files" folder within which there should be a "Hewlett Packard" folder. Check for these folders and follow as given earlier.

If still the Health check error fails then the only option will be to remove it off completely from the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation