Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My fingers and eyes are crossed!  Good Luck :Wink:

Keep an eye on that fan issue though, first sign of trouble, shut everything down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
HP Recommended

Hi,

As from this morning when I boot my laptop up, a light blue screen appears straight away saying:

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

File: /BCD

Error Code: 0xc0000043

You'll need to use the recovery tools on the installation media.

PRESS ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings.

I put the recovery disk in as soon as this page came on but nothing happend so I pressed ESC like it said at the buttom and it took me to a menu with:

Startup Menu

F1  System Information

F2  System diagnostics

F9  Boot Device Options

F10  BIOS Setup

F11  System Recovery

ENTER - Continue Start up

I tried pressing F11 for a "System Recovery" but the same thing happens when I pressed it with the HP logo coming up with the little loop and says "Please Wait" But I've had it on for ages now. Do I need to go through any of the other menu's? I'm not sure how to access the disk as well because nothing came up when I inserted it.

HP Recommended

Hi Cammy, I'm back

Press the ESC key at boot then F2 when the Start Menu appears, this will start the System Diagnostics, advise me the results.

Then, rebooting again using to ESC key for the Start Menu press the F11 key for system recovery, do not press any other key unless it asks you to do.  Let it work for 15 minutes to see if any further action of the recovery process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
HP Recommended

Hi mate,

I tried F11 once more out of chance and it worked! The screen came up with the language settings so I selected the UK. I then clicked Troubleshooting and after that I selected Refresh Your PC. After this a screen came back up with the percentaged refreshed.

This has then finished and the computer restarted. It's now on the blanc page with the HP Logo on and it's got the loading loop but this time says "Welcome". It's been doing this now for about 15-20 minutes but I'm just going to leave it and see if it works. The wireless signal also came on the keyboard with a a white light which means it's on :generic:

Right now a screen changing colours has come up and says "We are getting your PC ready" ? Is this good or bad?

HP Recommended

This is excellent news, let it do it's job!

HP Recommended

Windows came back on! :generic: I really can't believe it, I thought it was really broken.

It's also kept my pictures and stuff so thats fantastic too! The only thing it deleted was iTunes and my Wallpaper, but that's okay. :generic: I'm just nervous in case next time I switch it on it won't work again, but hopefully it should be okay.

Thanks so much for your help Nuccii, honestly! I really appreciate everything :generic: If it wasnt for you I would probably have been going to see a repair guy and having to pay! I really can't thank you enough :generic:

5* out of 5 for you mate, honestly, thank you!

Best wishes,

Cammy :generic:

HP Recommended

You welcome, I am very happy for you  :OpenSmile:

May I make a suggestion to avoid this problem in the future?

Create an image backup of your computer using a program like Macrium Reflect Free.  It makes an exact duplicate of your hard drive including the OS, programs and data so you may restore your computer in the event of a failure even if you have to change the hard drive.  Ideally this should be done to an external hard drive once a week.  Check it out:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Also keep an eye on that fan problem, make sure the fans and vents are clean.

HP Recommended

Hi Nuccii,

Problem again!! :Crying:

The first time windows came back on I used it for about 20 minutes then switched it off as normal :generic: Next time I went back, I was on for five minutes and it completely froze again like last time! I'm frigtend to switch it off in case it makes things worse. I can stil move the mouse on the screen but i can't click on anything. It unfreezes again after 5 minutes or so and as soon as you move the mouse again it freezes. Should I reboot the system as normal and see what happens?

Thanks man :generic:

HP Recommended

Do not touch the power button.

CTRL+ALT+DEL,  a deep blue screen appears and at the botton right of the screen you will see the power off button, click that to shut down.

Press the ESC key at boot then when the Start Menu appears press the F2 key for system diagnostics.  Let me know the results.

HP Recommended
Spoiler

Hi Nuccii,

The screen has gone black with nothing there. The power button is still glowing as normal and so is the wireless key. It went like this just before I went back to the computer to try the method you told me about shuting down. Should I reboot it by pressing the power button?  :Crying:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.