Question

Honor Student
awdorrin
Message 1 of 4 (8,193 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Multimedia Keyboard driver for WIn7?

I upgraded my HP A6313w to Windows7 last night. Everything went smoothly except for the keyboard driver.

The A6313w comes with a the P/N: 5188-6077 multimedia keyboard, I tried manipulating an install of the 

Vista driver - and I have some partial functionality of a few keys.

The volume up/down/mute work - but there is no on-screen indicator (the volume level bar, mute on/off text, etc)

The seach and mail buttons worked once, but after rebooting they have not worked since.

Anyone know if HP has released a Windows7 driver - or if there is anything I missed on the install?

(In order to install the driver, I used 7zip to extract the contents of the install exe file. I then went into the 'src' directory and ran the 'install' program.

The main, HP install program checks the windows version and does not let the vista drivers install under Win7)

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 4 (8,193 Views)
Honor Student
awdorrin
Message 3 of 4 (8,171 Views)

Re: HP Multimedia Keyboard driver for WIn7?

Thanks, looks like those drivers worked for me!

Took awhile for the Button panel of the keyboard control window to load, but I have the volume indicators active, which is what I was most interested in.

Thanks again! :smileyhappy:

Student
SoreAnkle
Message 4 of 4 (8,016 Views)

Re: HP Multimedia Keyboard driver for WIn7?

Have loaded the driver on my d5000t Win7 system and works great.  How do I change the font of the OSD (and the color)?

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation