HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-24-2009 05:37 PM - edited 02-24-2009 05:40 PM
This article may help.
02-28-2009 03:42 PM
Thanks for the support.
I have tried to follow these methods, however they simply do not work. The drivers available on the HP site are not compatible, I have tried to install the drivers expanded out of the Intel matrix download and they are also not suitable for my system. (I have spent a lot of time trying these things out)!
Let me re-cap the problem:
- HP9441 UK desktop computer
- Disc caddy installed
- HP manufactured Vista 64 disc works OK but will not run some of my applications
- XP Pro 32 bit self installed disc works OK
- Problem - Vista disc will only boot woth bios setting = RAID, XP disc will only boot with bios setting = IDE
- Looking for drivers and install method that will allow disc swop without having to re-configure bios
Many thanks, Joe.
02-28-2009 03:59 PM
You have to alter the bios settings in order to dual boot with XP. If not just use Vista. XP does not come with sata drivers.
02-28-2009 05:53 PM
Try this>>Dl the 32bit floppy utilty from Intel HERE Extract it using 7Zip. Next use Device Manager to 'update driver' on your 2 IDE controllers, directing to the extracted files under iaahci.inf. Choose the one that matches your hardware (you can check the id under Vista). XP will complain that it isn't compatible since the BIOS is set to IDE mode_just ignore and install.
Reboot and enter BIOS to change setting. Btw, do you have AHCI/RAID and IDE modes? Have you tried AHCI mode to see if Vista will boot?
|******Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******|
**Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching**