HP Pavilion a1330n (303 Views)
Student
jules39
Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

HP Pavilion a1330n

Our desktop has Windows XP.  All of a sudden, our desktop either runs VERY slowly (like too slow to even use), or the bottom bar disappears completely, so that the "Start" button disappears, too.  So, you can't even select to 'Shut Down' the computer because there is nothing to click on.  So, we always just turn it off manually without shutting down, which I know is not good.  We are also getting something that says "Aquarium" on the bottom bar - we have no idea what this is.  Before this all started happening, we sometimes got a message stating that our "virtual memory" was full or something to that effect???  We would like to just clear out everything and re-install Windows XP, but when we purchased the computer, we were given NO software - it was all pre-installed.  Does anyone know what our problem is?   Thanks!!!!!

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion a1330n

Jules, welcome to the forum.

When computers get older they begin to get slower.  This is caused by many difference circumstances, but mainly by installing and uninstalling programs.

Here is a guide to help you do a System Recovery or order the Discs:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07143&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=...

Have you ever had an Aquarium screensaver program installed on the computer?  This would possibly explain the Aquarium entry that you are receiving.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!