Question

Top Student
jesusj
Message 1 of 5 (1,029 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC

alright so this is my parents comupter and i am trying to fix it but on start up all that comes up is a black screen and it says error no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

i tried the ctrl alt delete but that brings me back to the black screen with the error message on it i have no idea how to fix this help  

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (988 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion p2-1033w Desktop PC

[ Edited ]

Hi:

More than likely you need a new hard drive since you are getting that error.

There is no fix except to purchase a new hard drive. You will also need to reinstall the operating system using recovery disks if you have them. If you do not have them, that could be a problem. 

Follow the guidance at the link below to order recovery disks.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5156...

Paul

Top Student
jesusj
Message 3 of 5 (979 Views)

what could've caused this? this computer is less than 2 months. 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (968 Views)

Who knows? 

Just bad luck.

The good news is if the PC is only 2 months old, it should still be under a 1 year warranty.

So, I would contact HP technical support for the country you live in at the link below and file a support request.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

Top Student
jesusj
Message 5 of 5 (962 Views)

actually it wasnt anything to do with the hard drive what im guessing is they didnt shut it down correctly or the computer went to sleep and then they turned it off rapidly causing the system to got into a safe mode or maybe someone messed with the keyboard and pressed something. anyways i brought it home with me to try to look if it was indeed the hard drive. but as soon as i pluged it back it worked properly. so who ever experiences this problem before doing anything just unplug it for a few minutes plug it back turn it on. should fix the problem thanks for the help though

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation