Question

Honor Student
Toriduncan
Message 1 of 7 (3,365 Views)

HP Pavillion g6 "Preparing Automatic Repair"?

[ Edited ]
I have an HP Pavillion g6, and when I turn it on, it only shows me the loading screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" below that. Then that screen disappears and it either shows me only a blank screen or tells me to check my hard disk 1 with a system diagnostics test. I've tried the system diagnostics tests, but there isn't an option to check the hard disk. I only have options to check the memory (which I did, and it passed) or check something else of which I can't remember, but you could do a short check or an extensive check, which i did both. When I checked them, it said that SMART check was not installed and that Short DST was not installed. I don't know what to do past what I've done already. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?
PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 2 of 7 (3,339 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion g6 "Preparing Automatic Repair"?

Hello,

Can you try to power on the notebook, then press F8 and try to use the repair your computer option. Then try to use system restore on the next window and see if you have any restore point to try to restore your system to a date prior the beginning of the problem.

Let me know if this has helped you out.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Honor Student
Toriduncan
Message 3 of 7 (3,319 Views)

Every time I try to press F8, nothing shows up. On another note, every time I run a hard drive test it tells me that the "Hard Disk Short DST: Failed". I don't know if this is helpful information or not, but any ideas on what this means or how to fix it?
Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 7 (3,274 Views)

Hello Toriduncan,

I see that you are having problems with the hard drive on your HP computer.

The hard disk short test failing would mean the hard drive will most likely need to be replaced.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 5 of 7 (3,112 Views)

Hello Toriduncan,

What is the status of your problem?

Have yo urepalced the HDD or do you still need any help from ourside?

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Student
HelpComputers
Message 6 of 7 (166 Views)

Um nothing works i tried everything everyone says work and my hp pavilion is still not working please help it is saying preparing automatic repair and diagnosting your PC and i rebooted etc nothing work it said the same thing help

Associate Professor
Nuccii
Message 7 of 7 (153 Views)

HI,

This is an old post and suggest that you create a new thread to get better assistance.

Please include your computer make and model with the version of windows you are using.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation