HP PhotoSmart & Solution Center (1089 Views)
RLH Top Student
Top Student
RLH
Message 1 of 5 (1,089 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PhotoSmart & Solution Center

Is there anyway I can get the Photosmart Essential and HP Solution center functional when an elite e9150t is upgrades to Windows 7. This software is regularly used on Photosmart B8350 and Office Jet all-in-one L7650. Full feature software is supposed to be available in Jan. 2010 for the L7650, but would rather not wait to update computer.
Grad Student
Bynar
Message 2 of 5 (1,085 Views)

Re: HP PhotoSmart & Solution Center

Hi RLH,

This question would probably receive a faster and better answer in the Printer thread.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board?board.id=PrintingWin7

Although I am an HP Employee, the advice given here is my own, and not necessarily that of HP's.

Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 3 of 5 (1,084 Views)

Hi RLH,

It's possible you could run the software in Compatibility mode or install the general OS-provided drivers, but to get full functionallity, I'm thinking you are going to have to wait.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
RLH Top Student
Top Student
RLH
Message 4 of 5 (1,081 Views)

Thank you for the link, I must of had an elder moment.
Student
willbeep
Message 5 of 5 (992 Views)

Re: HP PhotoSmart & Solution Center re: photosmart 8180

Bottom line...Solution center is totally unreliable and doesn't work 99% of the time. Save yourself the frustration of dealing with the idiots in tech support who barely know how to read a manual and just "suck it up" This goes for most HP software which is buggier than a microsoft operating system in beta!

I've totally given up trying to use Solution center to do anything...instead I just go to Photo gallery and scan from there. Save yourself countless wasted hours of dealing with tech support/customer service and just do it the easy manual way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation