Question

Student
BlueZ06
Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

HP Restore failed. Error message hardware issue "Code Purple" Need to revive PC

HP Pavillion P6330l Win 7 64 bit.  I was asked to restore a PC to "from factory state".  I ran the recovery software, but it delivers error message hardware conflict or issue Code Purple.  The software formatted the disc and the last screen prior ot error message was 'preparing computer for first use'.  No recovery discs available, no Win 7 disc.  "D" partition is apparently intact.  I can get to a command prompt through a Boot disc.  Comes up with something similar to the recovery screen, with options to restore from backup, with option for command prompt.  Have produt key from MS sticker on case.

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: HP Restore failed. Error message hardware issue "Code Purple" Need to revive PC

[ Edited ]

Hi ! I don't know if this will help. Sounds to me that you might have hardware problems. I do not have a HP computer at the moment.:smileywink:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02491515&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N4284

PS All advisers here on the HP forum are always invited to reply on any issue where I'm trying to help a HP owner and member; old and new members. I do not have a EGO and I can take criticise pretty well.:smileywink:

Dokie!

Professor
jaco1x4
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)

Re: HP Restore failed. Error message hardware issue "Code Purple" Need to revive PC

[ Edited ]

Hi BlueZ06,

This post may help.

Go to the solution and try Purplekiller's suggestion.

Have you made any hardware changes to your PC which may be causing the code purple error?

The only other fix is to have your PC serviced by HP.

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" if your problem has been solved.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
H8 1380t CTO, Intel i7 3820
16 GB DDR3
Pegatron Motherboard- IPIWB-PB (Pittsburgh), Radeon HD 7570 1GB. Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro.

Envy Phoenix 810-150se, Intel i7 4820k
16 GB DDR3
Pittsburgh2 Mainboard, NVIDIA GTX 645- 2GB GDDR5. Win 8.1 Pro.

HP 560z CTO AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
16 GB DDR3.
Radeon HD 6570
Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Win 7 Pro.

HP ENVY 17t-j000 CTO Quad Edition Notebook. I7 4702mq
12 GB DDR3
Nvidia Graphics
Win 8 Pro

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 4 of 4 (84 Views)

Hey jaco! That is some serious stuff. Thanks for the information. I hope the software designer that created that software is no longer employed by HP. That even makes Bill Gates look good(Not).

Dokie!  $$$$$$$$$$$$ Greed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation