Question

Student
peter2244
Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

HP Software recovery

Cpompaq-Presario FK586AA-A2L

Windows Vista Home Premium Edition

After clean install of Windows 8, how do i recover HP original software.

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: HP Software recovery

Please see: Obtaining Software and Drivers

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 3 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: HP Software recovery

Here are the specs for your Compaq Presario SR5610F Desktop Computer. According to the specs, the computer original came with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-bit) installed from the factory. It appears that you have done a clean install of Windows 8 on your computer and no longer have the factory installed "value-added" software on the computer. Be advised that most of the software included with your 4.5 year old computer may not capatible with or function as designed under Windows 8.

If you are still interested in trying the install the "value-added" software, look for a folder named "HP" or "Compaq" on factory recovery disc #1. In that folder, you should find a folder names "apps" or something similar that will have the "setup" or "installation" routines for the software.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation