Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am not a computer person,

after installing windows 8.1, I cant get into any microsoft windows 8 programs.

I dont knowhow to do disc saves etc.

Why does the computer slow down a lot after installing windows suggested downloads?

Thanks,  Jake

HP Recommended

STILL DOES NOT WORK!
I downloaded and installed the version (last one, I think) in English and still does not work properly!
Continue comparirmi the message "Restart now (to complete the updates)."
So we have to wait for the written version with Windows 8.1?

HP Recommended

HI geezer70 and Mewsar:

Thank you for your inquiry.

I hope you both had a good weekend.

I would suggest you uninstall the old version of the support assistant. Restart your computer and then download and reinstall.  Other people have had success with this method. If that fails you will have to wait for an update. Windows 8.1  is a a very recent release. HP and Microsoft strive to have the latest drivers but many factors affect this. New updates and drivers will be posted when they become available.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Of course I have uninstalled the old version!
I also deleted all the files related with a program that deletes all the registry keys as well!
However, I solved: Now that the Support Assistant when it finds new drivers to install I will exhaust apart and install them one by one!
THE PROBLEM I may have discovered what is: "The application is blocked for example when you need to install the new driver Realtek Audio, because the latter should first be uninstalled, restart the computer and then install the new one, and then reboot again."
An application can not replace then in this case a person who installs the drivers one by one! Because does not the same and does not uninstall the previous version correctly.

😉

HP Recommended

When  i tried to uninstall and reinstall the HPSA, it is indicating tha the HPSA.exe has to be closed.

Even HP utility (recovery manager, cool sense) is also not working. May be some files are still there in the sysyem.

Tell me how to delete completely from the system.

HP Recommended

I get an error when trying to Uninstall using the Control Panel so the Support Assistant will not re-install the updated version. I am running Windows 8.0 not 8.1

HP Recommended

update 7.4.45.4

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64126.exe

Everything will flow.
HP Recommended
After reinstalling HPSA, still not working.
HP Recommended

Running an Elitebook 2740p with Win 8.1, 4 GB, standard all else hardware.  All seems fine EXCEPT for virtually nonexistent touch functions, fingerprint scanner not showing software and HPSA which will NOT run no matter how many times I install and uninstall it, how many different versions of the file I download (all of them, trust me), whether or not I choose to run it as an administrator and whether or not I try and run it in some compatibility mode.  "This Application has encountered a serious problem and must close.  Click OK..."

Nor is there mention of a single 8.1 file update of ANY type for the 2740p on HP's website, which sees this as a Win 7 machine, and I have registered this serial number.  2740p is listed elsewhere as Win 8 compatible, but to that I must add "sort of, maybe".  May have to go back to Win 7, but I'd sure like some word from HP before making the trek back.  Pen works fine, touch is a disaster and yes I have tried synchronizing and changing settings.   I am always open to suggestions...

HP Recommended

I am also having troubles with HPSA. I have tried to unistall HPSA and keep coming up with an Error 1316. "A network error occured while attempting to read from file C:\Windows\Installer\HP Support Assistant.msi"

I started getting this message after trying the to use the updater in the HPSA application. Now I cannot unistall or install the updated version. I have even tried to unistall after doing a restart.

Please help us fix this issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.