Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have installed sp44447.exe. Although the function key is working, the volume indicator disappears. Which drivers should I install?

My keyboard:

123.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi,

That why I call many USB devices as Plug and Pray. Does it come with a CD ?  Just uninstall the sp44447.exe and using Windows 7 updates to get a right driver for you.

Good luck,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Shinichi, I have the exact Model of your keyboard and used the HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver sp44447.exe to install the software and drivers for this keyboard and never had an issue. All the Multimedia controls worked perfectly.

You might try uninstalling the original software and the drivers from within the Control Panel, Device Manager, reboot the system, and then download and reinstall the software/drivers again and see if this resolves the issue.

It is always possible you could have a defective keyboard.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My Multimedia controls also work perfectly, but the volume indicator is not functioning. I want the OSD function, just like the picture shown below.

HP Recommended

Can anyone help? I want the OSD function.

HP Recommended

Hello Shinichi, It has been reported that the Vista x64 version of the HP Multimedia Keyboard drivers work well with all the functions of the keyboard working including the OSD function.

I tried these drivers and received a message that these drivers did not meet the minimum requirements.

Here  is a link to a Thread that has some suggestions on how to get these drivers installed and have the functions work for the HP Multimedia keyboard.

Look for Jazz_Guy's first post in this Thread for the instructions on how to install the drivers.

HP Recommended

I follow the step, but it doesn't work for me. I think Jazz_Guy's method is only for those who cannot install the driver. I can install the driver and OSD is not functioning.

I go to the Control panel and click keyboard. I find that my keyboard is still using HID keyboard device. I update it and check for the driver list. I only find one driver for HP which is Enhcanced Multimedia PS/2 Keyboard, but no HP USB keyboard.

HP USB keyboard driver instead of HID keyboard device?

HP Recommended

Shinichi wrote: I follow the step, but it doesn't work for me. I think Jazz_Guy's method is only for those who cannot install the driver. I can install the driver and OSD is not functioning. I go to the Control panel and click keyboard. I find that my keyboard is still using HID keyboard device. I update it and check for the driver list. I only find one driver for HP which is Enhcanced Multimedia PS/2 Keyboard, but no HP USB keyboard. Hanspuppa, is your keyboard using HP USB keyboard driver instead of HID keyboard device?

Hello Shinichi, I actually do not use the HP Multimedia keyboard any longer. I did use it a couple of years ago. I now use the Logitech Illuminated keyboard.

When I did use the HP Multimedia keyboard, the OSD worked normally.

I disconnected the Logitech keyboard and connected the HP Multimedia keyboard today, installed the drivers for it, and everyhting worked except the OSD. I tried the Vista x64 drivers and they would not install.

When I checked the drivers for the HP keyboard they were the generic Microsoft keyboard drivers, and would not accept the HP drivers no matter what I tried to get them to install.

Since these drivers worked a while back, and now they do not, I suspect Microsoft has changed something in some of their updates that prevents the HP drivers from installing.

Sorry I could be of no help for this issue.

HP Recommended

That's OK. Thank you for helping me.

I saw the model displayed on the broadway and thier OSD is working even they use windows 7.

So I post a message here to see if there are someone can help me.

HP Recommended

Hello Shinichi, I did a little more research on this issue and found that the executable file that runs the On Screen Display is the OSD.EXE

This file is located in the C:\windows\system32 folder. It is provided by a company named Netropa, and usually gets installed when the keyboard drivers are installed.

By default, the OSD.EXE is loaded at the startup of the system, but sometimes it may not.

Netropa is associated with HP and other brands of keyboard software. OSD is the acronym for On-Screen Display. This does not need to be running in the background if you do not want the features of the OSD, but if you do want these features, you might try making sure the OSD.EXE is loaded at startup of the system.

To load the OSD.EXE at startup, Click Start, Run, type msconfig in the run box and press the enter key on the keyboard. 

Then when another small window opens, on theStartup tab.  Look for the OSD.EXE in the list.

Make sure the check box has a check mark in the box next to the OSD.EXE command, click Apply - OK, then reboot.

This may resolve the issue, but may not. Just one more thing to try.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.