Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@windy61 wrote:

Shinichi... Try uninstalling your OSD from control panel, programs & Features and see if you nolonger are told at start-up of a

ACPI error. if it starts up normally then try reinstalling the OSD driver  sp46272.exeUntitled.jpg

After uninstalling, it starts up normally.

I do not install the whole sp46272.exe because I am not using HP computer. I just use the HP keyboard, so I only install the Buttons & OSDs control application gen3 and get the OSD effect.

I think that the ACPI error exist because I am not using HP computer.

But can I solve this error without losing the OSD function?

HP Recommended

Shinichi...

Look in your device manager with the OSD software in and click open the small computer i-con open if it not already opened look at the ACPI listed does it have a yellow triangle in front of it ? If so this is the conflict area you may need to see if you can update it's driver from microsoft. May I ask what brand of computer do you have ?Untitled.jpg

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

My computer is a self-assembling computer. It does not have any brand. My motherboard is ASUS.

It does not have any yellow triangle in the device manager. I have tried to update the ACPI, but it said that I have already install the latest one.

HP Recommended

Untitled.jpgShinichi..

Your build looks nice from what I can read !

The ACPI is a power management windows based controller designed by microsoft & Intel & HP also Toshiba & Phoenix, BIOS to manage computer power usage. I did find others that have the ACPI kernel driver can't open problem. but they show it as ACPI atk0100 kernel driver and this one states he has a asus laptop. you may have to try asus for the answer to why you get up this ACPI driver problem at start up.

HP Recommended

I find that the problem is caused by JAN2OSD located C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Buttons & OSDs control application gen3.

As it is in the HP folder, that's why I can't ask ASUS for solution.

HP Recommended

shinichi...

I looked online and found others saying that after installing OSD from HP that they also have the JAN20SD problem but with differant outcomes. HP needs to fix this driver/software OSD .JAN20SD.jpg

HP Recommended

Shinichi... This is the HP fix you can try it maybe it will stop your ACPI warning at start-up.    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-80881-1

HP Recommended

I still can't install the drivers and error 9996 appears.

I unzip it and install the OSD. Although the OSD is working, the error still exist.

I think that it is because my computer is not HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.