Question

Student
WolfUSA
Message 1 of 8 (2,115 Views)

HP Update Problem

The following three updates have tried to be implemented several times now; but all three ALWAYS fail with the same status of "Installation canceled"

1. Urgent: HP Update fix "Install Canceled Issue" - Yes, it is ironic that the update to fix this problem is giving the very error it is supposed to fix.
  2. HP MesiaSmart Internet T^V Applications update; and
  3. Lightscribe System Software Update

What I can do to get these (especially the first one) to install?

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 2 of 8 (2,087 Views)

Re: HP Update Problem

Have you tried to download the latest HP Update Software from your model's support page?

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Honor Student
vadim_c
Message 3 of 8 (2,054 Views)

Same here. It's like telling somebody who is looked out of the car that the key is in the glovebox. I tried to talk to a customer support who suggested to reinstall the whole system to fix this ! What a bummer !
Student
MrFishK
Message 4 of 8 (1,792 Views)

Me too!

Any word on a fix for this? 

There is an update I would like to get installed, but this update problem is preventing me from getting the fix I need.

Honor Student
vadim_c
Message 5 of 8 (1,788 Views)

After calling HP tech support, which was of no help I tweaked the machine a bit and found out that disabliing my antivirus fixes the problem.

Try if it helps in your case. 

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 6 of 8 (1,785 Views)

What was the name of the update?

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Honor Student
vadim_c
Message 7 of 8 (1,775 Views)

Do not remember now. Starting at some point all the updates would fail to install with a message "Update canceled" even though the user did not touch it.

Then there was a special update "Fix for "Update Canceld" issue" but ironically that update also failed with the exact same error it was supposed to fix.

In my case the problem was fixed by disabling Kaspersky antivirus, which is infamous for being too restrictive. 

Associate Professor
Adamtech
Message 8 of 8 (1,772 Views)

Ahh ok, well thanks for sharing how you fixed the issue with yours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation