HP Windows 7 64 bit drivers (10193 Views)
Top Student
SpencerWho
Message 1 of 6 (10,193 Views)

HP Windows 7 64 bit drivers

Does anyone know of an HP site with all the Windows 7  64 bit drivers that are now out.  When I go to the hp site and type in my model only Vista 32 and 64 are listed but someone did find the one for the keyboard which was Windows 7 64 bit and it worked.  So is there a site for other Windows 7 64 bit drivers?

Also something I learned to pass on to all if you do not already know.....After installing Windows 7, my computer would always boot up to or restart to the user name box automatically.  I finally found out how to make it boot directly to desktop.  Hit Start and in search programs box type   netplwiz and hit enter. A screen will come up and just uncheck the box nex to User Must Enter a User Name and Password to Use this Computer  and then it will go directly to desktop when booted up or restarted.

Thanks again, and I still which I could arrange files in a folder anyway I want instead of just name, size etc. guess not an option in Windows 7.

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 6 (10,186 Views)

Re: HP Windows 7 64 bit drivers

Could you please provide the product number which is there on a sticker for better assistance.

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 3 of 6 (10,170 Views)

Hi SpencerWho,

I don't believe there is a site like what you are looking for. HP's web site is set up to have drivers that are tested and qualified for each product to appear only on the products that have been qualified for the drivers. But to your point about the keyboard driver, that doesn't mean some drivers that are available for other products won't also work with your PC. Keyboard drivers are generally a little easier to use across PC models, but when it comes to something like a sound or video card, you won't be able to use a driver that was not made for your specific device. Also, some device drivers you can get from the original device manufacturers, such as NVIDIA for graphics.

So if there are certain drivers you are looking for, we can try to help you find them.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 4 of 6 (10,123 Views)

Try Windows Update (download/install all recommended / optional drivers)

windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Top Student
SpencerWho
Message 5 of 6 (10,108 Views)

I have a HP Pavilion Media Center  M7760N Desktop.  The hp site when I type that in only shows vista 32 and vista 64 drivers.  Sonly for example already has 15 Windows 7 drivers listed for my wife's laptop.  So just wondered if HP had done the same thing yet?
Master's Graduate
ibfrenchy
Message 6 of 6 (10,092 Views)

The M7760N is a January 2007 system, I would recommend checking Windows Update like PC Tester mentions. What drivers do you need besides the keyboard driver?

I'm a HP employee

Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation