Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

When I upgraded my new computer to Windows 7 using the HP Upgrade kit, all my HP desktop backgrounds disappeared.  I was wondering if HP has a Windows 7 theme available for download.  Our new Compaq computer that came with Windows 7 has a Compaq theme (which is really just the desktop background, etc.)

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Me too, I liked my HP Vista Themes, the new Microsoft Windows 7 Theme is terriable...  HP, give us a download link to restore your nice high def theme from your Vista loads, your update cd's deletes them...

HP Recommended

I gathered a collection of all the HP's graphics that were on my HP Vista prior to and after Win7 update and put them into one Windows Theme Pack, simple open the HP-Win7-Theme file (link below) and it will automatically add them to your themes.  Then simply right click the desktop and pick personalize, select HP-Win7-Theme and then select background desktop at the bottom left and pick the graphic you want or even multiples to change over a time period.

Also, if you want the nice black logon screen that your HP Vista machine came with, then download the logon-screen zip file below and read the setup-help.txt file.

Links:

HP-Win7-Theme - Click Here to Download

logon-screen - Click Here to Download

HP Recommended

Search Text Below:

Win7 Win 7 Windows 7 Win Vista Windows Vista desktop background backgrounds missing after hp update upgrade logon screen personalize theme themes

HP Recommended

hi,

the *.theme file does not work under my win 7 64 bit (says "can't save theme")

Can you make a package again.

Anyone who has HP theme?

Thanks,

Marek

HP Recommended

Easy, just find someone with the theme and Windows 7. Tell them to open Personalization, then tell them to save the theme, then transfer it.

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Links for the missing screen savers are listed above (prior post).  They contain everyone HP put out.  Just download and double click.  In the setting you can pick which ones you want to view and how often to change it you pick multiple ones.  Also, there is the old logon screen, download and read the directions to install.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I have dv4i and i change my windows but i haven't recovery CD want have hp theme please send me theme

thank you

Please send me in my new Email [text removed for privacy]

HP Recommended

see links under the 12/20 post above.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.