Question

Honor Student
holyschmidj
Message 1 of 3 (424 Views)

HP a6130n firmware update error message

I am running an HP a6130n Vista 32 bit with BIOS version 5.12 installed. Trying to update to the newest one (file called sp37530.exe.Motherboard is GC671AAR=ABA

However, when I complete the install process I receive the following error message:

Error: C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\pftBFAB.tmp

3052: Uninitiazed variable, undefined function, or unqouted string on line 124 of W:\Patches\l...t and 64 bit\installer.wbt

There is a dialogue box that has the following in it:

If StrIndexNc(Caption, "Vista", 1, @FWDSCAN) == 0 Then

There are three option boxes below: OK, Traceback, an More Error Info.

I run the program as adminstrator and had anti-virus...etc disabled. 

Also, If I try an install any other sofwatre updates from the HP website, including HP Update (SP40845)  and DVD firmware (SP26947), it comes up with a similar error message, however the dialogue box says:

If (OSLangDec=="1028" || OSLangDec=="2052" || OSLangDec=="3076") Then.

I have tried the following to fix this error:

- running in safe mode

- removing HP update and trying to install again (however received the error message below).

Any suggestions? Out of all the threads out there, this one seemed to have the best explanation, however are different mobo's.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Desktop-PC-questions/Hi-everyone-I-need-a-little-help-in-trying-t...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as at this point I cannot install ANY HP software / upgrades.

Teacher
lindae123
Message 2 of 3 (386 Views)

Re: HP a6130n firmware update error message

i can only see one thing..the error message mentions 64 bit.....

Honor Student
holyschmidj
Message 3 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: HP a6130n firmware update error message

Thank you for the prompt reply. You have a keen eye. However tthe downloand specifically  mention for use with 32 or 64 bit O/S:

"Title: MCP61PM-HM Motherboard BIOS Update

Version: 5.27

Description: MCP61PM-HM Motherboard BIOS update resolves issue with systems with 4GB RAM not waking up from S3 mode and updates AGESA to version 2.08.15

Purpose: Critical, Recommended

Category: BIOS

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)

I double checked by entering in a 32 bit system when prompted by the drop down boxes in the HP website. 

I attempted to call tech support, however they will not provide any support to computers purchased more than 4 years ago (even paid support).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation