Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello. I have problem with driver for Hp deskjet D2300 printer.

When I was searching for my D2300 printer driver who work in windows 7 here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=1827...

then after install show message when: "HP solution center cannot run because your device installation is not complete...

" And printer USB cable to is plug-in.

Are no more havent suitable Deskjet D2300 printer drivers for windows 7 maybe? Before I was used win XP and I have CD with driver who support only till win xp and not support win 7. What should I do? Janis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Afterward, you need to go back into Command Prompt to perform re-registration of certain files. Please type these commands and hit enter (nothing will happen if you type it correctly):

MSIEXEC/UNREGISTER
MSIEXEC/REGSERVER

Afterward, type these commands and hit enter (you should see a windows stating it was successful):

REGSVR32 MSI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 SOFTPUB.DLL
REGSVR32 WINTRUST.DLL
REGSVR32 INITPKI.DLL
REGSVR32 DSSENH.DLL
REGSVR32 RSAENH.DLL
REGSVR32 GPKCSP.DLL
REGSVR32 SCCBASE.DLL
REGSVR32 SLBCSP.DLL
REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL
REGSVR32 CRYPTDLG.DLL

After the check is complete, I want to ensure that all Windows updates have been installed. Here is some information on how to install all of your Windows updates: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/install-windows-updates

Afterward, I believe you should run a disk cleanup. This will eliminate any random files that could be causing an interference. For instructions on performing a disk cleanup, please reference this Microsoft website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-c...

Now, I would like you to use the Printer Install Wizard to install the printer.

If the installation is successful, try using Solution Center and see if it works. If it does, switch accounts and see if it works on your normal account.

If Solution Center does not open, there is still some troubleshooting to try. Go back into the %temp% folder, and go into the "7z" folder. Afterward, go into the "Setup" folder, then the "solutioncenter" folder. Right-click on the "SolutionCenter.msi" and select "Install" (the computer might prompt you to restart). If it works, try using Solution Center. If Solution Center does not work, or you received an error when trying to install the .msi file, right-click on it again and select "repair" (again, a restart might be required). After the repair, try to use Solution Center.

If is still doesn't work, please ensure the Digital Imaging monitor is turned on. Look for the following icon towards the bottom-right hand corner (or wherever the time is displayed: . If it is not present, go into Task Manager. To access Task Manager, right-click on the bottom toolbar and click on "Start Task Manager". Go to the "Processes" tab, and ensure the box that reads "Show processes from all users" is checked. Now, go through the services and check if the following services are running: HPQTRA08 and HPQSTE08

If they are not running, please follow this next process:

Go to the Start menu, type msconfig in the search bar, and hit Enter. This is the System Configuration window. Go to the startup tab, and look for HPQTRA08 and HPQSTE08. Please make sure that these two services are started (to do this, check the boxes next to these, then click “Apply and “OK). Restart the computer after you start these. Make sure the Digital Imaging monitor is on, and these services are started.

If it does not start, go to the following location: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\HP\bin\digitalimaging

In this folder, look for the file name represented by this icon:

Right-click on it, and click the appropriate option to turn it on. It should turn on at this point. Irregardless, follow these next steps, for good measure:

Go to the Start menu, type service.msc in the search bar, and hit enter. This brings up a Windows with all of the primary Windows services. Look for “PML Driver HPZ12”. Start it if it isn't started. If it is already started, stop it, then start it. Restart the computer when this is complete.

At this point, try to use Solution Center. If you cannot, perform another uninstall level 3, then reinstall the software using the Printer Install Wizard. Try to use Solution Center after this installation.

This is the most thorough troubleshooting I can provide, based on the context and situation you have established. If these steps do not resolve the issue, you will likely be required to reinstall Windows. Please let me know when you complete this troubleshooting.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Janis1984. I understand that Solution Center cannot run. I will do my best to assist you! Some of these steps are a bit complicated. As long as you follow these instructions you will be fine.

Please ensure you are comfortable performing the below steps, since you will be editing registry settings first. Keep in mind, if you make a mistake following these troubleshooting steps, you might have to reinstall Windows. Although, at the end of this troubleshooting, you will likely have to reinstall Windows if the issue is not resolved.

Before the major troubleshooting begins, a level 3 uninstall of the printer software is required. This will remove any spare HP software from the unsuccessful installation attempts. Here are some instructions on performing a level 3 uninstall:

a) Go to the Start Menu. In the search bar type %temp% and hit enter.

b) Locate the correct folder starting with "7z" (the correct folder contains "Util" and "CCC" folders).

c) Open folder "Util".

d) Open folder "CCC".

e) Please run the L3uninstall.bat.

f) When the uninstall has completed, restart the computer.

The next step is to perform a full virus scan of the computer. Viruses and malware have been known to create situations where a runtime error will occur. Please use your Anti-Virus software to perform a full scan of the computer.

Go to the Start menu, type "regedit" in the search bar, and hit enter. You may have to provide administrative permission to open the program.

Before you do anything else, you will need to back up the registry. To do that, go to File, and click on Export. Name it anything you want, then hit Save. This will save a current copy of the registry, just in case you delete something accidentally.

Go to the Edit tab, then click on Find. In the search box, type "2300" (since that is the primary number indicator of the printer you own) and click Find Next.

It will scan the registry from the beginning to end, locating one entry at a time. Some keys, entries and files will have 2300 in the name. Only certain ones will be relating to the printer, and they will have some indication in the description (it will contain information regarding a printer or scanner, and some will even have "OJ" in the name for Officejet). When it finds one of the entries, and you have confirmed it is related to the printer, within a reasonable doubt, you can delete it by hitting Delete on the keyboard.

Once one entry is deleted, hit F3 on the keyboard, which stands for Find Next. It will locate the next entry containing "2300". Repeat the process until all 2300 printer entries are deleted.

If you accidentally delete something you shouldn't have, all you have to do is upload the registry backup you saved. To do that, click on File, then Import. Select the backup and import it. You will have to repeat the process and re-delete anything related to the printer again.

After this is done, all "2300" entries of the registry, relating to the printer, should be deleted. Hopefully, this will delete the corrupted files associated with these entries. If some entries will not delete, and provide an error of some sort, just skip that entry and move on to the next.

Afterward, just restart the computer, and perform the next few steps before you install the printer:

Go to the start menu, type “CMD” in the search bar. Now, you should see a shortcut for CMD above. Right click on it, and click “run as administrator”. If it asks you for administrative permission, please allow permission.

You should see Command Prompt open. Type in this command and hit Enter afterward: sfc /scannow

SFC stands for System File Checker, and it scans and attempts to restore corrupted Windows files. Running this might find a corrupted file or service and repair it. After it completes it will basically say either no corrupted files were found, corrupted files were found and repaired, or corrupted files were found but were unable to be repaired. Restart after this completes and continue on with the next step.

As another precaution, I would prefer it if you create a new administrator user account, just in case there is some hidden corruption based off of your current user account. In your Command Prompt window (as administrator), type the following and hit Enter: net user administrator /active:yes

You should see a message saying "the command completed successfully". After troubleshooting is done, you can disable this account by typing the following command into Command Prompt (as administrator): net user administrator /active:no

Restart the computer, and utilize the new account that is available, which should be named "Administrator".

HP Recommended

Afterward, you need to go back into Command Prompt to perform re-registration of certain files. Please type these commands and hit enter (nothing will happen if you type it correctly):

MSIEXEC/UNREGISTER
MSIEXEC/REGSERVER

Afterward, type these commands and hit enter (you should see a windows stating it was successful):

REGSVR32 MSI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 SOFTPUB.DLL
REGSVR32 WINTRUST.DLL
REGSVR32 INITPKI.DLL
REGSVR32 DSSENH.DLL
REGSVR32 RSAENH.DLL
REGSVR32 GPKCSP.DLL
REGSVR32 SCCBASE.DLL
REGSVR32 SLBCSP.DLL
REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL
REGSVR32 CRYPTDLG.DLL

After the check is complete, I want to ensure that all Windows updates have been installed. Here is some information on how to install all of your Windows updates: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/install-windows-updates

Afterward, I believe you should run a disk cleanup. This will eliminate any random files that could be causing an interference. For instructions on performing a disk cleanup, please reference this Microsoft website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-c...

Now, I would like you to use the Printer Install Wizard to install the printer.

If the installation is successful, try using Solution Center and see if it works. If it does, switch accounts and see if it works on your normal account.

If Solution Center does not open, there is still some troubleshooting to try. Go back into the %temp% folder, and go into the "7z" folder. Afterward, go into the "Setup" folder, then the "solutioncenter" folder. Right-click on the "SolutionCenter.msi" and select "Install" (the computer might prompt you to restart). If it works, try using Solution Center. If Solution Center does not work, or you received an error when trying to install the .msi file, right-click on it again and select "repair" (again, a restart might be required). After the repair, try to use Solution Center.

If is still doesn't work, please ensure the Digital Imaging monitor is turned on. Look for the following icon towards the bottom-right hand corner (or wherever the time is displayed: . If it is not present, go into Task Manager. To access Task Manager, right-click on the bottom toolbar and click on "Start Task Manager". Go to the "Processes" tab, and ensure the box that reads "Show processes from all users" is checked. Now, go through the services and check if the following services are running: HPQTRA08 and HPQSTE08

If they are not running, please follow this next process:

Go to the Start menu, type msconfig in the search bar, and hit Enter. This is the System Configuration window. Go to the startup tab, and look for HPQTRA08 and HPQSTE08. Please make sure that these two services are started (to do this, check the boxes next to these, then click “Apply and “OK). Restart the computer after you start these. Make sure the Digital Imaging monitor is on, and these services are started.

If it does not start, go to the following location: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\HP\bin\digitalimaging

In this folder, look for the file name represented by this icon:

Right-click on it, and click the appropriate option to turn it on. It should turn on at this point. Irregardless, follow these next steps, for good measure:

Go to the Start menu, type service.msc in the search bar, and hit enter. This brings up a Windows with all of the primary Windows services. Look for “PML Driver HPZ12”. Start it if it isn't started. If it is already started, stop it, then start it. Restart the computer when this is complete.

At this point, try to use Solution Center. If you cannot, perform another uninstall level 3, then reinstall the software using the Printer Install Wizard. Try to use Solution Center after this installation.

This is the most thorough troubleshooting I can provide, based on the context and situation you have established. If these steps do not resolve the issue, you will likely be required to reinstall Windows. Please let me know when you complete this troubleshooting.

Mario

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.