Question

Top Student
dresdenron
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

HP desktop Win 7 won't boot

This system has been used for 8-10 months. Ravillion P2-1102 desktop with WIN 7 Home Premium. Now it won't boot. It gets to the logo screen then constantly reboots. It tells you to hit Esc key or something like that which lets you get to a startup menu. Ran the Diagnostics, etc. from there and it said everything OK. Does not have a option to go to System Restore. There is an option to go to System Recovery that gives you a another blue screen which acts like something is happening for 20-30 mintues before any screen comes up ask you what you want to do. At this point the screen shows System Restore as an option but it is grayed out, as is the backup files option. I want to do system restore and only go to system recovery as a last resort. What can I do help this friend out.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (73 Views)

Re: HP desktop Win 7 won't boot

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Try the following.

If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Recovery CD.  Download the relevant ISO from the links below.

Windows 7 32bit

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here.  Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it.

Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide Here to run Windows System Restore.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation