Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp omni27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10. I also just bought an xbox one and now the side buttons to switch between game mode and pc mode are not working. so what happens, I plug in my hdmi and i cant even switch to game mode to use my xbox. I have gone through and updated every driver i could find. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

Well, Windows 10 might not be ready yet for these specifics meaning a specific driver may be needed that is not yet available for- however, it is usually the driver.

Download and run HP Support Assistant to download/update missing drivers or old ones.

Instructions >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

This is useful software that could check for updates from Microsoft/Windows, from HP, etc....

Check if it will find some updates.

Your computer is manufactured in 2011 as far as I can see here

As far as I know computers that are more than 2 years old (e.g. manufactured before August 2013) might not be 100% compatible with Windows 10 as HP hasn't tested them for compatibility.  If the above issue is critical to you, you can revert back to your previous Windows version where they worked

>> http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

Please, let me know how it goes and provide an update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.

Well, Windows 10 might not be ready yet for these specifics meaning a specific driver may be needed that is not yet available for- however, it is usually the driver.

Download and run HP Support Assistant to download/update missing drivers or old ones.

Instructions >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

This is useful software that could check for updates from Microsoft/Windows, from HP, etc....

Check if it will find some updates.

Your computer is manufactured in 2011 as far as I can see here

As far as I know computers that are more than 2 years old (e.g. manufactured before August 2013) might not be 100% compatible with Windows 10 as HP hasn't tested them for compatibility.  If the above issue is critical to you, you can revert back to your previous Windows version where they worked

>> http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

Please, let me know how it goes and provide an update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hey there

I reverted back to Windows 7 and sure enough the buttons work again. 

Thanks for the advice.

HP Recommended

Still no solution to this issue?

I'm not able to use my HDMI-IN port on my Envy 23 Touchsmart computer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I

Also have these problems and listed questions about it on the forum.

I think the question now becomes: Will HP Support our system with features under windows 10?

There's clearly drivers which do work under 8 and 8.1 but not compatible with Win 10.

Is there a way to get beyond these Forums and post a question to the responsible Product Manager or?

It would be great to know so we can stop waiting for answers or solutions.

HP Recommended

I installed HP My Display and it's now working again!

HP Recommended

Am going to try this, would be supre if ti works!

do you have a link to thath?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hey guys, it seems as though Microsoft has included the drivers for the Omni 27 as I have re downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago and the buttons are now working 🙂

HP Recommended

did that tried it: no effect!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.