How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc? (4489 Views)
Honor Student
2Solve-It-Quick
Message 1 of 5 (4,489 Views)

How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc?

In the last few weeks I have been using Microsoft Works Calendar without any problems.  Last night when I attempted to add more information to the calendar I got a Yellow Triangle with a !   The notice says "Works cannot access 1 or more files, it needs to run the Calendar.   The files may have been renamed, deleted or moved."  Try reinstalling Works, and then starting the program again.   I bought the computer new.  It is a Compaq HP with Windows XP.  How do I reinstall Microsoft Works when it was already loaded in the computer & I have no program disc that came with it?  I am computer literate in getting around the computer but NOT in the upkeep of it or the problem solving - like I'm faced with now.  I would greatly appreciate your help.  Thanks in advance for your time & assistance.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 5 (4,483 Views)

Re: How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc?

Try the Recovery Manager in the Programs menu. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-3770k, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Honor Student
2Solve-It-Quick
Message 3 of 5 (4,426 Views)

Thank you for your quick reply.  I have been searching my system for the Recovery Program and cannot locate it.  Maybe I'm just over-looking it?  Thank you for your reply. 

Student
bethanybland91
Message 4 of 5 (1,609 Views)

i have sort of the same question. my cousin uninstalled microsoft from his moms computer and she did a factory restore. we are trying to figure out how to get it to work because even after doing a factory restore nothing is working. any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated. 

Student
bobbyemaxwell
Message 5 of 5 (262 Views)

How do I reinstall Microsoft Works without a disc?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation