Message 1 of 3 (2,155 Views)

How fix this hpslpsvc64.dll?

from my officejet j4680

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (2,140 Views)

Re: How fix this hpslpsvc64.dll?

Hi,

Are you connected to the printer wirelessly?  If you are, you might resolve the problem by setting a static IP for your printers connection to your router. 

Hope this helps,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
PaulLucke
Message 3 of 3 (1,213 Views)

Re: How fix this hpslpsvc64.dll?

I allowed an HP update to be installed which claimed to fix a problem where network connected printers "disappear" . (What I see is that my C7280  that has been running for a week is reported as no longer fully installed,  and I have to uninstall it and re-install it to getit working again. I hoped this might be the same thing in HP speak). The install proceeded and then I got this message.

Dialog title: RunDLL

c:\users\paul\appdata\local\temp\7zs35cf\hpslpsvc64.dll
Access is denied.

I also got another error dialog form the HP Update installer saying that hpslpsvc64.dll service could not be stopped and did I (or paul?) have sufficient privileges  to stop and restart a service (presumably the print spooler?) 

Both the user paul and the user to which I was logged in were both set up as administrators, so the answer was yes. 

I just cancelled the install but it re-started automatically again later.

My printer is network connected with a static IP address. 192.168.1.35, so I don't think that will help.

Toshiba Protege R705, Windows 7 Home Premium, Printer C7280

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation