Question

Honor Student
jakein2008
Message 1 of 7 (19,948 Views)

How to restore from from factory image for my hp pavilion elite m9340f ?

I had a  hp pavilion elite m9340f  and I want to  restore from from factory image, how should I do that?

Please give me a walkthrough.

Thanks in advance.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 7 (19,934 Views)

Re: How to restore from from factory image for my hp pavilion elite m9340f ?

[ Edited ]

HP System Recovery:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00814731&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

You can also burn a Recovery Disk set to boot from to format and reinstall:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00882383&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3740326

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
jakein2008
Message 3 of 7 (19,862 Views)

Thank you for your answser in advance.

Do I need to install the recovery manager  in my pc?  and where can I download this software ?

Thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 7 (19,859 Views)

[ Edited ]

You should have Recovery Manager installed from the factory. You can access it 1 of 2 ways, from the Start Menu shortcut or by tapping the F11 key immediately after power on when the HP logo screen appears.

• Turn off the computer if it is not already off.
  • Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as the Personal Media Drive, USB drives, printer, and fax. Remove media from drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord .
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly , about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.
  • Click Next .
  • A Microsoft System Restore screen opens.
  • Select No, I would like to see other options , and then click Next .
  • A System recovery screen opens.
  • Click Yes , and Next to continue the recovery process.
  • The Recovery Manager gives you the option of backing up your data files. To do so, read Backing up your files .
    To continue recovery, select No , and then click Next .
    A recovery progress screen opens. Wait while files are restored.
    When System Recovery is complete, click Finish .
    The computer restarts and continues into Windows setup. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup. Then, turn off the computer, reconnect all peripheral devices, and turn on the computer.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
    Student
    hdajse
    Message 5 of 7 (19,779 Views)

My question is; I created additional partitions on my hard drive.. Will they still be there after running Recovery Manager, or will they disappear (with all the data stored on them..)?

Provost
    CherylG
    Message 6 of 7 (19,764 Views)

Recovery restores the PC back to factory specs. Use an external USB hdd to backup your files first.

Student
    drsalander
    Message 7 of 7 (678 Views)

Ok so I did that but it doesn't continue after restarting. It just keeps restarting over and over again what do I do?
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation