Question

Student
PS3GAMERALI
Message 1 of 5 (1,731 Views)

Hp Support Assistant Problem (URGENT)

When i run the Hp support system and then run the automated tune up the tune up stops progressing until its reached clear temporary folder and the icon just keeps spinning i really would like help thank you

Pc Specs:

Windows 7 home 64bit

i7 cpu = 3.40ghz

4gb ram

pavilion Desktop p7-1058uk

Ali

Student
mpdavis2
Message 2 of 5 (1,667 Views)

Re: Hp Support Assistant Problem (URGENT)

I am having the same issue. It runs the test and once it gets to Clear Temporary  folder, the icon keeps spinning.  I even went and deleted items in my temp folder manually and then re-ran the tune-up and the same thing happens.  I have tried this 4 times.   Any answers yet? I would greatly appreciate the help, too.  Thank you!

My specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Service Pack 1

HP Pavilion Elite - model #e9220y

AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 9190 Processor 2.60 GHz

8.00 GB

64-Bit

Maria

Maria
Tutor
jacquesroman
Message 3 of 5 (1,651 Views)

I have the exact same problem.  Here is the query I emailed to HP Pavilion Support for which I am awaiting a reply:

You installed HP Support Assistant on my HP Pavilion p6347c during a recent update, and I don't mind having it. However, your automated tune-up does not work. It gets stuck at "Clear Temporary Folder" and never stops. I've let it run up to 24 hours without it ever stopping, and it goes on ad infinitum. In other words, the tune-up can never be completed. I've tried it several times. How can this be corrected? I like the support assistant, but it never works. HELP! Appreciate assistance and advice. Thank you. /Jacques Roman/

Will let everyone know as soon as they give me a solution.  Cheers.
Tutor
PokePC
Message 4 of 5 (1,640 Views)

Do you have the latest version of HP Support Assistant?

Go to www.hp.com/go/hpsupportassistant and download the latest version for your product.

As an alternative, you can change what tune-up does when it runs by going clicking on the Settings button, in the bottom left of the main HPSA window and then clicking on the Tune-up tab.

There, you'll be able to turn features on and off and change the schedule if you'd like.

You even have the option to stop tuneup from running.

Since I know HPSA will check for updates during a tune-up, I usually just click the options for "Set restore point".

"I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own."
Tutor
jacquesroman
Message 5 of 5 (1,636 Views)

Sorry, mate, but when I click on the SETTINGS button that you refer to, nothing happens.

I uninstalled HP Support Assistant and re-installed it and completed the updates.  Current version is 6.0.5.4 but the new installation has removed the option to "Clear Temporary Folder," and has replaced it with "Microsoft Disc Defragment."  It's currently running and I'll let you know what happened after it finishes.  Thanks for your post.  Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation