Question
Hp support assistant stopped working
Replies (57)

Student
Liberia
Message 11 of 58 (4,349 Views)

Re: Hp support assistant stopped working

Hp support assistant stopped working. what can I do to get it back to work or what do your recommend.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 12 of 58 (4,265 Views)

Hello Liberia,

Try uninstalling / reinstalling HP support assistant per the wonderful instructions DavidPK has drafted.

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by using the Microsoft 'Fixit' on the following link - this is particularly useful in correcting issues that may prevent reinstallation on machines running a 64bit OS.

http://goo.gl/O6iVb

When this has completed, restart the computer.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://goo.gl/RhmZK

After the installation, restart the computer again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
dwong
Message 13 of 58 (4,131 Views)

Thanks HardBeatZ,

I did the procedure you listed above and it worked great. Thanks for the help!!!

Dan

Student
Barbarus1
Message 14 of 58 (4,109 Views)

I downloaded and installed the suggested update.  I'm still getting the error popping up periodically.  I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 15 of 58 (4,099 Views)

Hello Barbarus1,

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version or did you just do the update?

Try performing the uninstall of HPSA first and then installing the latest version without HPSA already being installed on the machine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
starchild1875
Message 16 of 58 (3,293 Views)

Re: Resinstalled and now th HP Support Assistant Doesn't Know my Product number or Serial Number

hi 

i have a problem. My Hp Support Assistant keeps telling me thatt the firewall isnt working. Ive checked my firewall (Norton Internet Security) and it says its On

please help thanks

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 17 of 58 (3,283 Views)

Hello starchild1875,

You’re having a problem with HP support assistant.

Go to programs and features and uninstall HP support assistant.

Here is a link that will show you how to uninstall the program.

Go to HP and download a new version.

Here is a link to the new version of HP support assistant.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Student
abs4
Message 18 of 58 (3,281 Views)

It was hepful..thank you Vidya
Tutor
nanningbob
Message 19 of 58 (3,064 Views)

Re: Resinstalled and now th HP Support Assistant Doesn't Know my Product number or Serial Number

I called HP concerning this issue and got someone in India that I absolutely could not understand and was completely dumb as dirt offering me nothing that I haven't already tried before I called.  You'd think that something like this would have a fix on their web site but does it? NO!!  The last thing I want to hear is to do a complete system restore!!!  This is totally un-acceptable and one would think that HP would have a solution to this issue as there are others that are having the same issues.  Why buy a computer from HP and their support doesn't have a clue what the time of day is about their own computers!!

Tutor
nanningbob
Message 20 of 58 (3,064 Views)

Ok, I got it to work.  First, go to "My Computer", un-install the current version, then, download the newer version and let it install.  My HP Assistant is working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation