Question

Honor Student
melhinkle
Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

I cannot completely uninstall Kodak Easyshare.

My husband was having trouble viewing some pictures with our Kodak Easyshare program so I uninstalled it and when I went to reinstall I found that it is no longer available. I have an older verison cd, so I installed it that way, but it caused all sorts of problems. My cd/dvd rom disappeared and I had to correct that, then my Kodak Share Button stopped working so I could not upload pictures from my camera. When I went into Uninstall A Program and selected the Kodak Easyshare Software it kept giving me an error and would not uninstall. I ended up going in to Safe Mode and uninstalled it that way. It no longer appears under Programs, but the program still loads and is in my Program Folder. There is no uninstall feature in the folder so I have no idea how to remove this program completely from my computer. Can anyone please help? This is getting really frustrating. Thank you.

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: I cannot completely uninstall Kodak Easyshare.

Mel, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help, you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

I suggest downloading and installing CDBurnerXP:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/CDBurnerXP-Pro-beta.shtml

I use the Advanced option to uninstall programs.  It removes all entries from the Registry.

If the program doesn't appear in the list, you may have to use Regedit to remove the entries from the Registry: Start / Search / type Regedit.  In the "Find" box type the program's name.  It will search for the first entry.  Once it has been deleted click "Find Next".  This will search for the next entry until all have been found and deleted.  You must be extremely careful when working in the Registry.  One mistake and you will have to do a System Recovery.  So, be certain to make a backup of your personal data.  If you are not comfortable working with the Registry you should ask for help.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: I cannot completely uninstall Kodak Easyshare.

Thank you for your advice, but I am not sure where to find the Advanced option. I downloaded the recommended software and it is just a cd burning program. I want to remove the Kodak software from my computer. How do I use this CD BurnerXP to do that?

I apologize for leaving out my pc information.  I have a Compaq Presario CQ5320F and I am running Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation