Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After getting the message "your machine administrator has disabled Teredo locally" my desktop closes and restarts just to give me the same message when I try to troubleshoot my internet connection. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
  1. Is your computer connected to a domain network?
  2. Are you logged in as an administrator?
  3. Which anti-virus is installed in your computer?

Teredo is a tunneling protocol designed to grant IPv6 connectivity to nodes that are located behind IPv6-unaware NAT (Network address translation) devices. It is installed by default and enabled so that it remains in a standby mode and comes into action only when required. This is typically when you install an application that needs Teredo to function properly. The main problem with Teredo is that it involves a bit of heavy-duty work, and if it is switched on unnecessarily, it might slow down your network connection. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Update the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adaptor:

a. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌
b.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
c. Look for "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" (under Network Adapters), right click on it and select Update Driver Software...
d. Reboot the computer and check for the issue.

If the issue exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s disable and re-enable IPv6, that should make a difference as it has helped many users facing this issue:

Disable IPv6:

Try uninstalling IPv6 on all interfaces. To remove IPv6,

1. Click on Start and type in Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Select Local Area Network.
  3. Go into the properties for each network adapter.
  4. Either uncheck the box next to the protocol "Internet Protocol version 6(TCP/IPv6), that will disable it, or select it and click uninstall, which will remove it off the computer.
  5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Re-enable the IPV6:

Follow steps 1-3 given above and then follow the given below steps.

• Place a Check mark or select Install and install the IPV6.
  • Restart the computer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please identify the operating system and post the complete product name or product number.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
  1. Is your computer connected to a domain network?
  2. Are you logged in as an administrator?
  3. Which anti-virus is installed in your computer?

Teredo is a tunneling protocol designed to grant IPv6 connectivity to nodes that are located behind IPv6-unaware NAT (Network address translation) devices. It is installed by default and enabled so that it remains in a standby mode and comes into action only when required. This is typically when you install an application that needs Teredo to function properly. The main problem with Teredo is that it involves a bit of heavy-duty work, and if it is switched on unnecessarily, it might slow down your network connection. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Update the driver for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adaptor:

a. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌
b.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
c. Look for "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" (under Network Adapters), right click on it and select Update Driver Software...
d. Reboot the computer and check for the issue.

If the issue exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s disable and re-enable IPv6, that should make a difference as it has helped many users facing this issue:

Disable IPv6:

Try uninstalling IPv6 on all interfaces. To remove IPv6,

1. Click on Start and type in Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Select Local Area Network.
  3. Go into the properties for each network adapter.
  4. Either uncheck the box next to the protocol "Internet Protocol version 6(TCP/IPv6), that will disable it, or select it and click uninstall, which will remove it off the computer.
  5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Re-enable the IPV6:

Follow steps 1-3 given above and then follow the given below steps.

• Place a Check mark or select Install and install the IPV6.
  • Restart the computer.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.