Question

Honor Student
tombstoner
Message 1 of 7 (14,236 Views)

I need XP drivers for the Pavilion a6000 desktop PC. Can't find them anywhere.

I am trying to fix my sister's desktop. I want to downgrade from Vista to XP. I have installed Windows XP but now I need drivers for everything. The machine only says a6000 on it so I don't know what version of the a6000 it is. Where can I get these drivers?

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 7 (14,223 Views)

Re: I need XP drivers for the Pavilion a6000 desktop PC. Can't find them anywhere.

Do you have AMD or Intel processor? If it is AMD use the drivers below>>

Nvidia Chipset(install & reboot before other drivers):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html

Realtek HD Audio_Choose High Definition Audio Codecs,accept agreement, then get the "Executable" file:

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
tombstoner
Message 3 of 7 (14,213 Views)

Re: I need XP drivers for the Pavilion a6000 desktop PC. Can't find them anywhere.

I have an intel processor. I tried that same link you posted last night and it said that the computer doesn't have the minimum stuff to run that program, so I guess it is the wrong one. Please help. I am desperate!
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 7 (14,209 Views)

Intel Chipset (Install and reboot) here

Realtek 8101E LAN:

http://tinyurl.com/2yhcdl

Choose High Definition Audio Codecs,accept agreement, then get the "Executable" file:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 7 (14,204 Views)

For  free burning software,try one of these:

For  playing DVDs,VLC Player:

Or_install codecs and any player can be used,WMP,Real Player,etc:

If you want to use the Lightscibe features of your burner,you can get free software from the site:

Honor Student
tombstoner
Message 6 of 7 (14,189 Views)

.I tried the chipset and the lan driver. No luck.

Provost
CherylG
Message 7 of 7 (14,177 Views)

[ Edited ]

1- We need more specifics of machine if Intel and Nvidia Chipset both fail to install. Locating Model Number "Ctr alt s" won't work since you have changed OS_but there should be a label somewhere on the machine.

2- What error message did you get with Intel Chipset? DL the Intel Chipset ID Utity HERE copy to flash drive & run on A6000.

3- Better still, get HWiNFO32 and run it ,should id most hardware HERE

4- Do you have SP2 installed? Most current drivers require SP2.If not get the full dl HERE on another machine and transfer via cd or usb flash drive to the A6000.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation