Question

Honor Student
MASSTAX
Message 1 of 3 (2,381 Views)

INSTALLING ADOBE FLASH PLAYER - on HP Pavilion Slimline - Windows 7 - 64 bit

Up until 2 days ago, I had no problem viewing videos.   Now, when attempting to open a video,  I  am prompted to update Adobe Flash Player.    During the install, I'm prompted to close Internet Explorer then retry.   I do, and install completes

with a successful installation window.  It states that I'm now running Adobe Flash Player.

Still no luck with playing a video.

Have tried many times to uninstall and install.

Note :  When I view my software on the desktop, I see Adobe Reader, but no Adobe Flash Player.

However, when I go to Uninstall on Control Panel, I see Adobe Flash Player.

What am I doing wrong???

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (2,371 Views)

Re: INSTALLING ADOBE FLASH PLAYER - on HP Pavilion Slimline - Windows 7 - 64 bit

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Try the following.

First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller.  After this has completed, restart the PC.

Next, download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.

Launch Firefox and see if the videos play Ok - if they do, close Firefox, open IE ( make sure you open Internet Explorer and not Internet Explorer64 ) and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component.  When done, restart IE.

If you want to use Internet Explorer 64, install Adobe Flash for this browser using the link below.

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
MASSTAX
Message 3 of 3 (2,252 Views)

Re: INSTALLING ADOBE FLASH PLAYER - on HP Pavilion Slimline - Windows 7 - 64 bit

Apologies for not responding sooner...

I sincerely thank you for responding.

I had success with Firefox, but still have a problem with IE and Adobe Flash.

At least Firefox has the MSN look that I'm familiar with, and am very happy.

Thank you!

I'll figure out the IE issue some day.

Masstax

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation