Question
Internet Explorer Stop Working and Needed Close Often
Replies (43)

Top Student
Tonyo906
Message 11 of 44 (983 Views)

Re: Internet Explorer Stop Working and Needed Close Often

I have somewhat of the same problems as Charles.

I have P6180T with Windows 7 Home Premimun nor terminate terminate it also freezes up my whole system. The only way I can reagain use is by shutting down manaully.Which I know is not the best but it's the only choice I have. Yes, i have waited for the system to repsond but I think after waiting at times up to 2 hours I need to do something

My druvers are up to date I ran Malwarebyte and had no problems .I ran a full scan with Nortons with no problems. I do the scans weekly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Provost
erico
Message 12 of 44 (983 Views)

Actually many of us here recommend that you try another Browser.

Try Google chrome and Firefox. You might also consider uninstalling IE7 and/orIE8 and installing Internet Explorer 6. IE6 had fewer problems.

regards,
erico 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Tonyo906
Message 13 of 44 (971 Views)

Have been using ffirefoxas my  backup browser.But it's now my main browser.
Intern
Charles_CWK
Message 14 of 44 (956 Views)

Hi Bugbatter, I installed the recommended "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" after fully uninstalled all IObit's programs. I ran the "Quick Scan", one infection found and removed, after reboot the system as instructed, I ran the full scan again with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, it was OK, 0 infection.

Then I switch back to  IE8 as default, open the IE going back to this forum, "Stopped Working" happened again in about 2 minutes, After the browser recovered by itself, I tried to write a reply to this forum, I was stopped and have to rewrite three times in not more than five minutes. I finally have to switch back to FireFox to successfully write this few lines.

By the way, the diagnostic log you mentioned before, to post onto the sites for evaluations; Do you mean the Scan Report made by "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware",  or a diagnostic log made with some other diagnostic programs?

Thank you anyway for your very detailed instructions.

Charles

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 15 of 44 (956 Views)

Intern
Charles_CWK
Message 16 of 44 (953 Views)

You are right Erico, I have no choice, switching to FireFox for a while already, but some of the websites support only IEs, and have to switch back sometimes.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Charles

Teacher
Tech_Rain
Message 17 of 44 (918 Views)

do you have the latest flash or java update?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SIGNATURE:
..don't get angry with Technical Phone Support Respresentatives personally, we're just following the process. It's our job.
While I'm on this forum, I'm not speaking for HP, I'm speaking for myself.. XD
Top Student
dishler
Message 18 of 44 (916 Views)

since you have a 32 bit OS, make sure you are useing the 32 bit option for IE 8.  I was having the same exact problems with my new ie 8 as well as ie 7 and HP gives you two versions of Internet Explorer. One is for the 64 bit, which is still not a good version so you need to use the other 32 bit version. I spoke to Microsoft and they told me that the 64 bit version of IE 7 and 8 should be used with the 32 bit as the 64 bit is not recognized.
Top Student
dishler
Message 19 of 44 (911 Views)

I made an error on my post.  It should read,  I spoke to Microsoft and they told me that the 64 bit version of IE 7 and 8 is still not recognized and that anyone who is useing  the 64 bit version should switch to the 32 bit version.  I just did this a few hours ago and it is working really great.  It is now so fast and does not have any of the problems that it had.  I have an HP pavillion M9552 P and just switched to windows 7 and IE is not problem anymore.  I used the retail version os windows 7 from vista premium.
Intern
Charles_CWK
Message 20 of 44 (906 Views)

I can't really remember when I have done the last update for flash or java, surely not after the latest installation of IE8.

Do you recommend I should go to check for the latest update for these two program?

Charles

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation