Question
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,472 Views)
Accepted Solution

Is there a limit on how many times you can use the recovery cds

i have a a6242n desktop and the hard drive failed I installed a new one and inserted the recovery cds and it comes up with the message these are not the correct cds for this computer. I made them when I first got the computer and used them before with no problem. Is there a limit on how many times I can use the recovery cds? If I purchase a new set will that work?

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there a limit on how many times you can use the recovery cds

Hello,

There is no limit to the number of times you can perform a recovery from the discs. The issue is likely because the hard drive does not have the DMI information loaded onto it. You may need to call HP and order a set of recovery discs and have them walk you through accessing tools on the recovery disc to reload this information onto the drive assuming they are available.

Good luck!

View solution in context
Teacher
Message 2 of 2 (1,461 Views)

Re: Is there a limit on how many times you can use the recovery cds

Hello,

There is no limit to the number of times you can perform a recovery from the discs. The issue is likely because the hard drive does not have the DMI information loaded onto it. You may need to call HP and order a set of recovery discs and have them walk you through accessing tools on the recovery disc to reload this information onto the drive assuming they are available.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation