Question

Intern
LemonPeeler
Message 1 of 2 (2,750 Views)

Keyboard drivers for Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have upgraded an HP Pavilion m8100y desktop computer to Windows 7.  The upgrade went fine, but we have lost the functionality of some of our special keyboard buttons.  For example, the volume buttons on the keyboard adjust the volume okay, but the volume control level indicator never appears on the screen to indicate the current level.  Likewise, there are no on-screen indicators for caps lock, num lock, or scroll lock.  Specialty keys (such as eject, play, stop, internet, help, etc.)  do not function.  Where do we get updated or compatible keyboard drivers?

This problem is reminiscent of the upgrade from XP to Vista some years ago.  We had many HP computers that upgraded fine to the new operating system, but HP never provided any updated keyboard or mouse drivers.  At the time, we suspected drivers were shipping with newer systems for the same keyboard, but HP would never post any work-around to find the proper drivers.  This was particularly frustrating in that some of these machines were purchased shortly before the upgrade.  I hope they do not hang customers out to dry once again.

Thank you for any help with this issue.

Student
pollionilaw
Message 2 of 2 (1,152 Views)

Re: Keyboard drivers for Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having the same problem.  Just got Windows 7 reinstalled (I had a malfunction requiring complete reinstall) and the volume control buttons on the keyboard no longer control volume, nor do they make an on-screen display, which they used to do.   This is an HP keyboard, number KB 0630, wired, and a Pavilion a6110n desktop.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks~

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation