LOST ADMIN PASSWORD WINDOWS 7 Home premium (37501 Views)
Honor Student
crazyjne
Message 1 of 17 (37,501 Views)

LOST ADMIN PASSWORD WINDOWS 7 Home premium

Lost admin password and have no recovery disk.  What can I do now? 

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 17 (37,496 Views)

Re: LOST ADMIN PASSWORD WINDOWS 7 Home premium

Start tapping away at the F11 key immediately after powering on, as soon as the HP logo screen appears.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 17 (37,492 Views)

HP System Recovery in Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01867418&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Create OS Recovery Discs in Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01867124&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
linseyloean
Message 4 of 17 (37,486 Views)

You still can DIY a HP password reset disk to recover your lost password:

Step A. Download Windows Password Recovery Basic and burn a .iso file into a blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive;
Step B. Boot the burned CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive from the PC lost password;
Step C. Reset a new HP password.

Honor Student
MelodyGong
Message 5 of 17 (37,456 Views)

The experience that I forgot windows password happened to me a few weeks ago. My friend Acheson who is an IT engineer recommended me to take use of  Windows  Password Reset, which is very smart and just take me a short time to reset a newly password.

Student
Karel201222
Message 6 of 17 (37,314 Views)

A few days ago, I also forgot Windows 7 password, I have tried many tricks but to no avail. Eventually I reset Windows 7 password using Password Recovery Bundle, which is a software I found on google. It should also be helpful for you. Good luck!

Retired
SedonaF
Message 7 of 17 (37,307 Views)

Just a note to everyone:

The password reset sites listed by the last four members (linseyloean,  kaixinyanla,  MelodyGong,  Karel201222) are not authorized or approved by HP, and should not be considered official solutions.  Using these programs is done at your own risk and HP is not responsible for damage caused by these programs.

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
Intern
nasalyban
Message 8 of 17 (35,814 Views)

Reset Windows 7/Vista/xp password with CMD. Key steps:

Step 1: Logon your Windows as administrator(You also can logon Safe Mode with Command Prompt, pressing F8 when restart your computer, hit up/down key to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and hit Enter).

Step 2: Click on Start, type cmd in the Run box or Search box and press Enter.

Step 3: Type net user, all user accounts of your computer will be listed.

Step 4: Type net user “UserName” “NewPassword”(replace UerName and NewPassword with yours), press Enter, then the password will be reset as new one and you can logon Windows 7/Vista with it. You also can use a program base on CMD.

NSW Student
Student
NSW
Message 9 of 17 (35,182 Views)

Re: LOST ADMIN PASSWORD WINDOWS 8 Home premium

ENTERED PASSWORD USED WITH HINT, BUT WILL NOT OPEN MY COMPUTER, I JUST RECEIVED THE LAPTOP TODAY AND HAD COMPLETED SETUP

Provost
CherylG
Message 10 of 17 (35,173 Views)

Re: LOST ADMIN PASSWORD WINDOWS 8 Home premium

@NSW

Tap the ESC key immediately after powering on, then select F11 for System Recovery to return the laptop to Factory setup where you can start over. Setup without a passowrd. If a password is desired you can always assgn one later once you have it all setup by going into Control Panel, User Accounts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation