Memory Card Reader not reading (1626 Views)
Honor Student
Iza_hillbilly
Message 1 of 6 (1,626 Views)

Memory Card Reader not reading

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas why my computer will not read my memory cards. It read it one time and that was it. I have a HP Pavilion running Vista Hope Premiium 64. Just bought it about 6 months ago because I wanted a better computer and this was recommended. I have had more problems with this computer than my old one. It has already needed a new hard drive.

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 6 (1,615 Views)

Re: Memory Card Reader not reading

What is your system model?

Check the internal USB cable going from your memory card to the motherboard and verify it's plugged in snugly.

Does the USB Mass Storage Device show up under Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers?

Teacher
woodmaster1
Message 3 of 6 (1,612 Views)

I had this issue once. I was trying to be careful about how I removed the memory card and decided to use the "safely remove" tool in the task bar. Well ,it basically disabled the card reader and I had to go into device manager under disc drives/ drivers, and enable it again. Now when my download from the card is complete, I just pull it out of the reader.

Honor Student
Iza_hillbilly
Message 4 of 6 (1,571 Views)

Its a P6130y.  The USB is plugged in. I can get it to read every once in a while. I  went in to the drivers and disabled the safely remove hardware and it worked once, then quit again. It also says that the device is working ok.

Honor Student
Iza_hillbilly
Message 5 of 6 (1,570 Views)

I went to the drivers and set it to not have too to hit safely remove hardware and it still does not work. Everyone once in a while I can get it too work.

Teacher
woodmaster1
Message 6 of 6 (1,563 Views)

Have you tried various memory cards or just the same one? Perhaps it's a memory card problem and not the reader.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation